QK-AS07-0183 NMEA 0183 GPS & Heading Sensor with optional USB output
A highly accurate GPS and heading sensor:
- GPS antenna and GPS receiver combined
- 3-Axis digital compass heading sensor
- NMEA 0183 ‘plug and play’ connection, for instant positioning and heading data
- Positioning data from GPS, Glonass and Galileo Global Navigation Satellite Systems (additional accuracy and reliability)
- IPX67 waterproof enclosure
- Configurable baud rate and filtering options
- USB adapter included
- Manual / Drivers
The QK-AS07-0183, combines GPS/Glonass/Galileo positioning and 3-axis digital compass sensors in one compact case. It can be connected directly to a Chartplotter or NMEA listener/multiplexer of your choice. This eliminates the need to install a GPS antenna and separate electronic compass. Only one installation is required, saving installation time and cost.
The AS07-0183 features superior sensitivity for consistent signal acquisition, reliable position and heading accuracy, and accurate speed and course-over-ground readings. The AS07-0183 is designed for marine environments and suitable for other outdoor and vehicular use, with an IPX6 waterproof enclosure. The AS07-0183 is a compact size and is suitable for flush-mount, pole-mount, or rail-mount installation.
What is the difference between a GPS antenna and a GPS sensor? The AS07-0183 is not merely a GPS antenna (to be connected to a GPS receiver), but a GPS sensor is a GPS antenna and GPS receiver combined. In addition to being a full GPS sensor, the AS07-0183 also has the added functionality of providing heading data.
Simply connect the AS07-0183 directly to the NMEA 0183 input device and 12V/24V power. It will instantly output all positional and heading data (NMEA 0183 messages) with no need for additional configuration.
Having GPS data and heading combined, provides a total data set of GPS, heading, speed and course over water/ground data. The AS07-0183 also has an internal filter so it can be configured to output less data if not all data types are desired.
What are GPS, Glonass and Galileo GNSS?
The AS07-0183 receives and processes messages from GPS, Galileo and Glonass positioning satellites. GPS, Galileo and Glonass are all space-satellite based navigation systems, also known as Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS).
- GPS (Global Positioning System), was created by the US government and operated by the US Space Force.
- GLONASS provides a comparable alternative to GPS. It was created by Russia.
- GALILEO was created by the EU through the European GNSS Agency.
By accessing more than one Global Navigation Satellite System, the AS07-0183:
- increases location accuracy and
- maximizes reliability in case one system is out of range or inaccessible.
AS07-0183 has two raised lines on the tube, the center point of these should be pointed straight forward, towards the front of the boat, as illustrated. If this is not possible, you can configure this adjustment to +90 to –90 degrees using the Windows configuration tool. (See the full manual for more details)
- NMEA 0183 (RS232 and RS422) connection, for instant positional data
- Supports GPS, Glonass and Galileo GNSS Satellite systems
- 3-Axis digital compass sensor
- Enables 3° Compass heading accuracy (steady conditions)
- Up to 5° compass heading accuracy in dynamic conditions((pitching and rolling up to 30°)
- Beidou ready (will be supported by later firmware upgrade)
- 1 Hz position and heading update rate is the default setting (configurable 1-10Hz)
- Low (<45mA) power consumption at 12V DC
- Supports USB output (via the included USB adapter)
- IPX6 waterproof enclosure
- 1 x QK-AS07-0183 GPS and Heading sensor with 10 metre cable
- 1 x Mounting Base (optional)
- RS232 to USB adaptor
Available to buy with this item:
- QK-A031 NMEA 0183 Multiplexer with SeaTalk Converter
- QK-A033 Bi-directional NMEA 0183 Multiplexer with SeaTalk Converter
- QK-A034 Bi-directional NMEA 2000 to WIFI and USB Multiplexer with NMEA 0183 and SeaTalk input options
Help and Support
For any technical questions regarding this product, you can visit the forum at https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/ and ask us your question, it’s regularly checked by our technical team and your question may already have been answered there.
Alternatively, contact us directly, with details of your set up and we will be happy to help.
Manual / Drivers
QK-AS07-0183 Basic setup overview.
Detailed technical specifications (The ‘Manual’).
QK-AS07-0183 driver is a file that lets the computer know the configurations and specification of the device.
Configuration software based on Windows system. Allows user to setup the output data baud rate, GNSS messages frequency, filtering messages type.