QK-A031 NMEA 0183 Multiplexer with SeaTalk Converter
$142.28 ($118.57 excl. VAT)
Need to consolidate all your marine data?
The A031 combines up to 3 NMEA inputs with a Seatalk bus, making this an effective way to view all your marine data anywhere on your boat via your mobile phones, tablet and laptop (with the added option to connect to a NMEA chart plotter).
- Manual / Drivers
- Compare NMEA Multiplexers
Our QK-A031 multiplexer has three NMEA 0183 inputs (listener-ports), one SeaTalk* input, one NMEA 0813 output (talker-port), a WiFi interface, and a USB port which will enable the user to connect to host devices such as phones, chart plotters, PCs, laptops, and tablets.
The multiplexer combines NMEA data that is received on the listener ports and sends this data to the talker port, the WiFi interface and the USB port simultaneously. The USB port can also be used for configuration of specific WiFi and NMEA port settings.
The built-in SeaTalk* to NMEA converter translates SeaTalk* data into NMEA sentences. This data is then combined with NMEA data received on the other inputs. SeaTalk* is converted into NMEA sentences but not vice-versa. The SeaTalk* bus is a single-cable system and connects all instruments serially. Only one SeaTalk* input is needed.
Every NMEA input on the QK-A031 is galvanically isolated, also called opto-isolation. Galvanically isolated input prevents unwanted currents flowing between the instruments and the multiplexer (this prevents equipment damage and interference with radio signals).
- Very sophisticated NMEA 0183 and Seatalk* multiplexer
- No router needed
- Multiplexer: Combines up to 3 NMEA 0183 inputs with Seatalk*
- Converts Seatalk* to NMEA 0183
- Combined data stream can be accessed wirelessly (WiFi) or through the USB or NMEA ports
- Compatible with chart plotters, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux systems, Android and iOS
Combines 1 SeaTalk* and 3 NMEA inputs into 1 wired NMEA or wireless output.
- Multiplex up to three NMEA 0183 input devices.
- Galvanically isolated NMEA and SeaTalk input ports.
- Configurable baud rates: (4.8, 9.6, 38.4k input and output).
- Differential NMEA output with galvanically isolated protection
- Simultaneous wireless and USB output.
- The internal WiFi access point connects up to 4 devices simultaneously.
- SeaTalk* to NMEA 0183 protocol converter.
- Wide power supply voltage: DC 12-35 volts.
- Compatible with Windows 7,8,10, Mac OS X, Linux systems, Android and iOS
- Can connect to older RS232 products through optional Protocol Bridge (AS03). For more information, read below
QK-A031 has the following electrical connections/indicators:
- SeaTalk input connector.
- NMEA input.
- NMEA 0183 output.
- WiFi Interface – the wireless connection can always be checked with TCP/IP port monitoring software as shown in the application notes, plus, the SSID and password can be changed through QK-A031 configuration APP, increasing security and memorability. The QK-A031 can connect in ad hoc (peer-peer mode) or station mode (through the ‘Cloud’ via a router) by selecting the mode and specifying the SSID and password. This allows for greater range and remote access, as well as multi-device access so your telemetry can be monitored from wherever you are as long as the instruments are powered.
- LED lights – which indicate power (8), NMEA In (2,3,4) NMEA out (5) and SeaTalk (1) status respectively.
- USB connector.
FAQ – How to connect NMEA0183 RS422 to older RS232 devices.
This product uses the NMEA 0183-RS422 protocol (differential signal), however some older chart plotters or instruments may use the older NMEA-RS232 protocol (single-ended signal).
To ensure A031 compatibility with any older NMEA0183 device, check if your device uses NMEA0183 RS422 or RS232
- NMEA0183 RS422 devices’ wiring is compatible ‘out of the box’
- NMEA0183 RS232 will require a Protocol Bridge (AS03) to connect your wiring
Connecting the A031 to an older (RS232) instrument or chartplotter is not a problem, simply order the QK-AS03 Protocol Bridge. Our QK-AS03 Protocol Bridge connects NMEA-RS232 wiring to MNEA0183-RS422 and vice versa, using a simple ‘Plug ‘n’ Play’ connection, with no setup or configuration needed.
You will probably need an AS03 if you are connecting to an older Garmin, Raymarine or Standard Horizon device. The easiest way to check is to look at the input/output connections on the device that you will connect the multiplexer to. If the input/output connections on your device (chart plotter, depth reader, etc.) have a TX, RX or GND connection, you will need to use a protocol bridge.
If in doubt contact us for advice.
- 1 x QK-A031
- 1 x USB-B cable
- 1 x CD containing manuals, configuration software and drivers
- 1 x setup guidebook
Available to add to your order:
Help and Support
For any technical questions regarding this product, you can visit the forum at https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/ and ask us your question, it’s regularly checked by our technical team and your question may already have been answered there.
Alternatively, contact us directly, with details of your set up and we will be happy to help.
Our QK-A031 (above) is a very popular multiplexing solution.
However, if you are looking for a more comprehensive multiplexer with 2-way WiFi, 2-way USB and full data filtering and routing functionality, check out the next step up:
- QK-A033 NMEA 0183 Multiplexer with SeaTalk Converter, 2-way WiFi and 2-way USB
- QK-A034 NMEA 0183×3 and SeaTalk to NMEA 2000 Converter, with 2-way WiFi and 2-way USB
- QK-A035 NMEA 0183 4×4 multiplexer with SeaTalk converter + integrated VDR
Manual / Drivers
QK-A031 Basic Setup Overview.
Detailed technical specifications. (The ‘Technical Application Note’)
The QK-A031 comes preloaded with drivers.
The device driver is a file that lets the computer know the configurations and specification of the AIS receiver. In case you’ve had software issues, the driver can be downloaded below.
This is a generic configuration GUI, which can be used to set up any Quark-elec MUX or WiFi product.
How to use configuration software ?
Below is our ‘step by step’ guide
Compare NMEA Multiplexers
For mobile view and PDF click here
You may also like…
$181.22 ($151.02 excl. VAT)
QK-A034 Bi-directional WiFi to NMEA 2000 Gateway Multiplexer with NMEA 0183 and SeaTalk input options