Quark-elec is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. When we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
· name and title
· contact information including email address
· demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· To process orders.
· Customer Services and Technical Support.
· Internal record keeping and data analysis.
· We may very occasionally send emails about your product updates and upgrades, new products, vouchers, special offers or other related information using the email address which you have provided.
· We may also contact you for feedback or research to inform future developments, customise the website according to your interests and improve our products and services.
No financial information is stored on our servers. Financial information (such as credit card number and expiry date) is collected and held securely by HSBC Bank, Sagepay or Paypal respectively on our behalf.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you use these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
· if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
· We will not sell, distribute, lease or pass your personal information to third parties unless we are required to by law.
· You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Quick-teck Electronics Ltd, Unit 7, The Quadrant, Newark Close, Royston, SG8 5HL.
· If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address or firstname.lastname@example.org . We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Quark-elec may choose to update this policy in the future, however this will always be within the limits of UK Data Protection and GDPR law.