Quark-elec NMEA Marine electronics Forums Remote Control Solution/Products QK-G026 cant get SIMALIVE to work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi

I have a QK-G026 set up as a remote garage door opener.

It works perfectly but I have never been able to get the SIMALIVE function to work properly.

Having just replaced a second SIM card due to it being deactivated I would really like this function to work.

I can send a SIMALIVE text to the unit and I get an initial reply.

i.e.

SIMALIVE40

QK-G026 will send heartbeat SMS message every 40 days.

But I never receive any messages.

I have just been sending a text to the unit every now and then so it replies to keep the SIM card working. But this approach relies on me remembering hence I am on my second SIM card now.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dave

You don’t expect to get a reply message since G026 will automatically updated itself.

Anonymous

So how does it keep the SIM alive?

I have had to replace the SIM a few times now as it has been canceled due to lack of activity.

Hi,

You can always use ‘SIMALIVE40′ to active SIM while ’40’ can be change to the interval dates applied to you.

Thanks

Anonymous

From my understanding I send a text to the unit:
          SIMALIVE40
          The unit replies:
          QK-G026 will send heartbeat SMS message every 40 days.

Therefore I expect a text to my phone in 40 days time.
          Nothing happens I have tried different SIMALIVE intervals but I never get a text to my phone.

Have I got totally the wrong end of the stick or is something not working correctly here?

Thanks Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Cart