• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Is it possible to connect two NMEA 0183 devices (a GPS set to 4800 bps and a AIS set to 38400 bps) or both devices baud rates must be set to the same speed?

Hi,

As I understand from your post, you are planning to connect your AIS receiver and GPS receiver to an A031 multiplexer. Please connect the two receivers to two different NMEA 0183 inputs on the multiplexer. Using the A031’s config tool (can be downloaded from the following link: https://www.quark-elec.com/downloads/configuration-tools/ , a Windows computer is required to run the application), the baud rate of all NMEA 0183 inputs can be set individually to the required communication speed. Please ensure that the input’s baud rate, to which the GPS receiver is connected, is set to 4800bps, and the other input’s baud rate, to which the AIS receiver is connected, is set to 38400bps.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick response
        The doubt arose because in the QK-A0183 manual (V 4.0 – 2020 pag 6) I read:

“When connecting two NMEA 0183 devices, both devices’ baud rates must be set to the same speed”.

I misunderstood the meaning of this sentence

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Cart