• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello:

I use the QK-A027 connected to an AIS antenna and on the free version of OpenCpn. Either on a PC with bluetooth GPS and on android smartphones with their internal GPS. With the PC works fine (I do not see in OpenCpn the Raymarine Seatalk input data, although they are seen on the NMEA debug window, but no problem with the AIS targets and my position). But with the smartphones the problems are more. On the Sony Xperia Z2 I have collisions between the internal GPS and the AIS targets. It is difficult to see both at the same time ( my position and AIS). I changed my smartphone to an AndroidOne Xiaomi MIA2 Lite. And now I can not see the AIS. On the NMEA debug window appears the word “virtual” (See screencopy anexed). What that means?.

Thank you for the help and regards.

Hello

That is brilliant that you are getting it to work on android phone. Im sure lots of our customers would love to know how you have done it. Was it using an OTG cable from your phone?

Sadly we have looked over this issue using our own mobiles and have not come across this error when using OpenCPN on android. The boat and AIS targets are all clear and can be zoomed in to increase the detail and move around the targets. We feel it may be a problem with the operating system or the phone you are using. We would suggest to re download the app and try again.

In the debug window I cannot see any AIS messages. I can only see GPS messages which tell me that it is not receiving any targets.

Anonymous

The connexion between QK-A027 and PC or smartphones is always Wifi. In the OpenCPN (On PC or Android) you create a connection type Network, protocol TCP, Address 192.168.1.100 and DataPort 2000.

I shall inform what I get .

Thnak you and regards.

Hello

In OpenCPN the virtual part in the debug window is the port information. It is possible that it has created a virtual com port and is taking the information in from there. By using an OTG device you will probably get the same results with USB connection. This shouldn’t be a problem because you are still receiving the information. But only GPS now which is strange.

We are not sure what the cause could be with this it seems that the phone is blocking AIS messages coming in. or OpenCPN isn’t working correctly with the messages. We know this because our device will send a message out via NMEA 0183 sentences to say that it has no AIS targets. This will come up in OpenCPN Debug window. So this is how we know that it is related to the OpenCPN software on that particular android device or the phone itself.

Looking at the specifications of this device it is using Android one. Whether that makes a difference or not we don’t know. Our first guess is that it is the operating system. This was all working on your original phone fine. Since you have changed your device to this one it has stopped working. We are not sure what the issue is but we can be certain that it is with this phone you have bought and not our device.

We would recommend trying it on another handset or by asking OpenCPN about using it with Android one and whether that is an issue. Please get back to us with any information. Please let us know if any further issues arise from this.

Best regards

Anonymous

Solved!
          When AIS targets are not shown due a bad QK-A027 wifi net connection. (Virtual label or similar) can be solved if you disconnect the wifi net ( forgetting It) and reconnecting It again from the begging with password.
          Rgds.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Cart