Quark-elec NMEA Marine electronics Forums Marine Electronics(AIS/NMEA Multiplexer) QK-A012 unable to load STM VCP Driver—-solved

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’m trying to configure this device, using the Config program. However, it cannot connect as the driver refuses to load. I have tried on three separate PCs now.

I have downloaded the latest driver from STM (called VCP_V1.5.0_Setup_W8_x64_64bits.exe) and this installs fine (on Windows 10 and 11) and I can see it in apps.

I do get the standard COM port appearing – and can see the serial traffic from the device.

In the device manager, I get “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

What do I need to do to get this working?

TIA

Hi,

A few of our customers experienced a similar issue with their devices in the past. Please follow the link for more details on how to resolve this issue:  https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/topic/a024-driver-install-fail/

We know the forum topic is about another device, but the steps to install the driver are the same.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous

Thanks, I have tried all of this and still cannot get it to work .. am I right in thinking I should see *two* devices ?

When I connect – I see a regular USB Serial Device (on COM8) and if I look at that with PUTTY I see the serial stream of data ..

Should there be another device which is used by the config program?

When I run the config program I *cannot* connect to that port (COM8) so I assume there *should* be another.

Is there any other way (or other OS) that can be used to configure the WiFi?

Flummoxed.

Thanks for your information. With Windows system, at any time only one application can access the COM. And for one device it will only engage one COM port, only a virtual port application used.

So for your case, there should be only one COM port for the A012 in device manager. You can check this by opening Device manager and plugging in your A012 into a USB port. In device manager a new COM port should appear, and this will be the A012 port. Before running the config tool, please ensure the A012’s com port is not used by another software (e.g., Putty), as the config tool won’t be able to access you device if this is being used by another application.

Anonymous

Ok, got it and understood. Works perfectly now that I understand and stop being an idiot!

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Cart