Quark-elec NMEA Marine electronics Forums Marine Electronics(AIS/NMEA Multiplexer) Ocean Signal ATB1 reporting VSWR errirs with A015-TX ——Solved

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

I have just connected our new Ocean Signal ATB1AIS transmitter to your QK-A015-TX antenna splitter and found that the ATB1 flashes red and reports VSWR errors, though it does still seem to be transmitting and recieving AIS.

I initially thought maybe a cable or antenna issue but the ATB1 works fine when connected directly to the antenna.

Cables from ATB1 to splitter and VHF to splitter are new from you. The splitter has red power light on and no error light on, when the ais is transmitting there is a small flash on the AIS TX led but it is brief and faint, is that normal?

Any help much appreciated, Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi,

I get very similar results having connected the QK-A015-TX to my Digital Yacht AIT2000, using AISPro2 diagnostics I get high VSWR and antenna errors. When I connect the AIT2000 directly to the antenna, using the same (new) cable I get a perfect VSWR of 1.o showing the impedance of the cable and antenna is matched to the transmitter.

I will be submitting a query to Quark

Andrew

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your device. Is there a way you could check the VSWR value and email it to us, please?

Also, could I ask, how long is the cable which is connecting the transponder to the splitter? Do you have another cable you could try (preferably a longer cable) to see if there is any change? Thank you.

Anonymous

Thank you for your quick response, I do not have access to equipment to measure the VSWR.

The cable connecting the Transponder and Splitter is short about 15-30 cm. I’ll try a longer one tomorrow and come back to you.

Anonymous

I have installed a longer cable between the AIS unit and splitter and it is now working ok

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Cart