• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am trying to connect my Garman GPS map 1040 SX to my ray marine st60 and 6001 autopilot instruments. I purchased your qk-a031 , and qk-as03. I have attempted to connect without success. Can you help with a schematic please? I get the blue leds flashing on Seatalk and nmea out.

Hello

If you are receiving blue flashing LEDs on the unit then this means that the unit is working and is receiving and sending valid NMEA/Seatalk messages out. You can test this by trying to see the information via the WiFi or USB option and using charting software on PC and mobile devices.

looking at the Garmin charptlotter I can see that it is likely using single ended design (RS232) for input and output as well and will need the QK-AS03 protocol bridge. I would recommend trying the bridge (QK-AS03) on the output to the Garmin chart plotter and see if that works. Follow the connections on the QK-AS03 and it should work and connect.

It can also be worth bearing in mind that the Baud rate speed will need to be set for output to the chart plotter. Please make sure you have the correct speed.

Please let me know how you get on.

Best regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Cart