• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello,

I just installed the QK-A026 on my boat. The plan is to see AIS-traffic on my android phone through the Boat Beacon app. Two things are not clear to me.

– I do find the “QK-A26_495” network between my Wifi networks and can login with the 88888888 password, but I always get “internet may not be available”. Is this normal ? Must I always connect to that network to see AIS traffic ?

– After installation, in Boat Beacon, the green button next to “local AIS” is sometimes green, but most of the time it is yellow (TCP: ready). I would assume that button always to be green if the AIS is working. Or does it only turn green when receiving AIS signals ?

KInd regards and thanks for the answers…

Hello

Sorry for the late reply. In regards to the internet; yes this is normal. Your phone is temporarily warning you that you may not receive internet on this connection. The reason it warns you is that some android customers have been confused when connecting over WiFi to other products like alexa, Quark-elec and Google products. You won’t receive any internet through our units because they are not routers however if they are set up in station mode then you will still receive internet connectivity by your service provider whilst also receiving your Instrument data over WiFi.

I sadly haven’t had the pleasure of trying Boat beacon out yet so I couldn’t say how it works specifically. On their blog they state the colours are for when your uploading your own data to Marine traffic and other internet based AIS systems. Green means you are transferring your own data to their servers, yellow means bad connection and red means no connection. I have put the link below to the article for you to read.

http://boatbeaconapp.com/help.html” class=”bbcode_url”>http://boatbeaconapp.com/help.html

Please bare in mind that you can also be transmitting data even when the APP is not running. This is a quote from the app manual “When “On My Boat” is set, your position will also continue to be shared when the app is closed (background).”

I hope this helps, please let us know how you get on.

Best regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Cart