Quark-elec Forums Marine Electronics(AIS/NMEA Multiplexer) A206+ AIS stopped working

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ANTONIO PEZZONI
    Participant

I recently installed a quark Elec A206+. it has one NMEA 2000 input from an airmar DST 810, a dedicated GPS antenna, an AIS antenna input from a powered VHF splitter. the first weekend i used it everything worked. iNavx on my iPad connected to the wifi and i saw AIS targets overlain on the chart and depth, temp and speed data displayed on the header from the DST. The second weekend added an NMEA 0183 output connection to my Standard Horizon chart plotter to get the AIS targets displayed on that device. Nothing showed up. I then looked on my ipad and iphone and no AIS targets showed up on those. The AIS light does not flash, even though there were ships close enough to have been detected. I verified that my VHF radio still works using the signal from the VHF splitter and i also tested the AIS by by passing the splitter altogether and connecting the antenna directly to the A206+. still no AIS. I also disconnected the chart plotter just tomake sure that wasnt causing the problem. Still not working. What could be wrong? or is this unit likely to be defective? it did work fine about three weeks ago.

Hi Antonio, can you email us with your order information and the details of your issues so one our customer service team colleageue will deal with your issue. Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Cart