Quark-elec NMEA Marine electronics Forums Marine Electronics(AIS/NMEA Multiplexer) A033 WiFi connection,my experience maybe useful to others—[SOLVED]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

A033 worked fine in a test installation at my home, including WiFi-transmission to OpenCPN on my notebook. Also the final installation on my boat worked fine, the position was immediately displayed correctly in OpenCPN. But then, after several minutes OpenCPN did not receive any position-updates anymore and I saw that the WiFi-connection was broken. After trying to reconnect, also with several different devices, I realized, that the WiFi-connection always breaks in exactly the same moment, when transmission of NMEA-data starts. As long as the NMEA data-stream is active, it is not possible to reconnect via WiFi.

During last weekend, I managed to do all the tests suggested in this forum and finally found the cause of my issues: My “Standard Horizon GX 2200E” (VHF with GPS and AIS NMEA 0183 [reverse] output) and the QK-A033 were simply installed too close together(<20 cm, as the connection cables were that short and I didn't want to ad resistance and connection issues).
      Simple cause, difficult to find. Maybe my experience can be useful to others. Taking A033 away a bit solved my issue.

Thanks you for sharing the information. Yes, the device should be mounted at least 0.5 meters from other WiFi or VHF devices.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Cart