Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just installed A032 to transfer AIS msgs from NMEA 0183 to STng(N2k). The msgs seem to reach the plotter at the STng network in very unreliable manner. NMEA0183 speed from the AIS receiver (Standard Horizon GX2200) is set to 38400 as well as the receiving speed at A032.

Good to note that during the install I noticed a mis-match in the documented NMEA in/out +/- (either A032 or the AIs receiver). I initially installed NMEAout+ to NMEAin+ and – to – and there was no communication at all. After that changed + to – and – to + and the comms started to flow, led blinkin at A032 and items appeared in my plotter. But it seems terribly unreliable. AIS receiver shows steady for example 15 AIS targets, but plotter shows only very few and variable number of targets.

Any known issues that might explain this? Know solution? Recommendation?

Hi,

One of the possible causes might be that there are multiple GPS data sources (e.g., GX2200’s built-in GPS receiver and the chart plotter’s built-in GPS receiver). Please check this and leave only one GPS data source active and disable the rest. Multiple GPS data sources might cause the position jumping on the chart plotter and unreliable AIS display.

There is a way you can check the output data from the A032. Connect it to a PC or iphone via WiFi and install OpenCPN to see if sufficient data been received by A032.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Cart