• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Any ideas? For some reason the unit is only showing the red power light and the blue lights are no longer showing for nmea in or out. Nmea is not being transmitted. I know the GPS is transmitting because I have attached it directly to the vhf and that works fine. The WiFi is working as far as it showing on the tablet.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Graeme

Hello Graeme

We are sorry this has happened to your device. Could you answer me a few questions to help us investigate this issue.

When did you purchase the A031?

How long has it been working for?

What equipment is attached?

Is it only the red power light that is on?

The lights will flicker for every valid NMEA signal that is passing through the unit. If you are not seeing any flashing and there are no more NMEA signals then there is a problem. It then depends if it has been working in the past or if this is the first time.

Please restart the unit by powering it on/off. This may solve the issue. Please answer the questions above to help us.

Best regards

Joshua

Anonymous

Thank you for the quick response.

When did you purchase the A031? = I’ll have to look through my statements but it was end of 2017 or the beginning of 2018

How long has it been working for? = I fitted it for the beginning of the season (March) and it has work flawlessly all season.

What equipment is attached? = Data in by Garmin GPS 128 and AIS by Matsutec HP-33A. Data out via wifi to sony tablet for Marine Navigator. All NMEA.

Is it only the red power light that is on? = when first switched on the red light comes on and all blue light momentarily flash and then just the red light is on only. So, yes only the Red light.

For what it’s worth the unit still shows it’s available on wifi.

This all came to light because I fitted a VHF and I connected it to the NMEA out port and when I switched on to see if the vhf was receiving the gps position there was nothing (even when I reversed the polarity of the NMEA out to the vhf) but when I connected it directly to the garmin it got the position straight away.

I think that all. Oh except I have tried re starting it a couple of times with no luck.

Regards Graeme

Anonymous

Just check when purchased and it was 3rd November 2017

Hello Graeme

Thank you very much for your reply. If the red LED and the WiFi are still operating then we can assume that the unit is still operational. It sounds like the Baud rates aren’t correct for the output. I assume by VHF you mean VHF radio. This will need a Baud rate of 38400 for receiving AIS information. Could you check using the configuration software and the USB cable that the Baud rate speeds are correct for input and the output?

Please check this as we feel it may be this that is stopping the information getting to your unit?

How old and what brand is your VHF? I can then check the internet for manuals to see if there is a standard voltage for it. It could be that you need a Garmin bridge to bridge the voltages.

Please let me know and we can then go from there.

Best regards

Anonymous

OK. I will check the baud rates as suggested and come back to you. It might take a day or two.

Thank you for your help.

Graeme

Anonymous

I have checked the baud rates using the configuration software. All the inputs are correct. The AIS comes from the Matsutec HP-33A, Garmin 128 is an extra GPS. I want to send gps data to the VHF Radio which is a Standard Horizon GX1500 E. I also send AIS to my sony tablet by wifi.

I think the problem was that the VHF only receives NMEA 4800 and the AIS needs to send NMEA38400. I think my only solution is to connect the Garmin 128 directly to the VHF and then connect the VHF NMEA out to the A031.

I think the A031 is working as it should now I have realised that the output baud rate was to fast for the VHF.

Thank you very much for your support.

Graeme

Hello Graeme

I have had a look at the manual and I can see that it only accepts GPS input and output at 4800 Baud. So you are limited by the VHF DSC. But your solution of attaching the VHF to the A031 and having the GPS information go through it should work nicely. We would always remind our customers to check Baud rate speeds if there is issue with their equipment. All of our multiplexing products offer a wide range of Baud rate speeds for the majority of equipment out there. I hope it will all go smoothly now. Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Best regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Cart