• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I bought the A027 and hooked it up via wifi to my IPAD on which I use iSailor. It transmits the GPS signal nicely.

Reading fora all over I already found that in order for iSailor to transmit steering commands to my Raymarine autoheld ST1000 via the A027 I have to reset the baud rate to 4800. My question is, will I still be able to see AIS data in iSailor?

Thanks

Hello

AIS needs 38400 Baud to work effectively. You will see issues and problems if running at 4800 in busy areas. However it should still function on your display. Please let us know how you get on when you try it.

Best regards

Joshua

Anonymous

Thanks Joshua,

Any solution for this? Or way to work around? eg a separate device that reduces the baudrate for the autohelm?

Thanks

Frans

Hello Frans

I am sorry but I don’t think I fully understand your setup. Could you please explain to me how everything is connected?

The autopilot will accept sentences at speed of 4800 from the NMEA 0183 output on the QK-A027 which is fine. You will also receive AIS via the WiFi at 38400 which is also fine for Isailor app.

As a reminder you will need to buy the extra upgrades to the APP to receive AIS and to send and receive NMEA sentences.

Sorry if I don’t understand the issue. But as far as I can tell it should be fine.

Best regards

Anonymous

Sorry, might not have put down my question properly. The setup is as you describe. But in order for the autohelm to work I have to reset the baudrate at 4800 ( that is for the NMEA ) Will the AIS data via the wifi to iSailor still be transferred at the higher rate 38000 or also be slowed to 4800 giving me less data of other ships on the screen?

Thanks

Hello Frans

Using WiFi for AIS is fine and will transfer at the 38400 speed. The WiFi is variable and will work with any speeds necessary. It is only the serial ports that need the Baud rates to make communication happen. This is also the same for USB connection’s hope this helps.

We are curious as to how you are sending steering commands to your autopilot? Is it via WiFi or USB and if so we would love to know how you do it? This information would be very useful for us to know.

Best regards

Anonymous

I will. Thanks again

Frans

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Cart