• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi

I have an A026 which I have connected to a Raymarine NMEA bridge. There are two inputs to the bridge, namely a red/yellow/ground into the Seatalk, and two cables from a Furano GP-32 into the NMEA IN ports.

The A026 can see the NMEA sentences from the Furano, but I cannot see anything from Seatalk. I have a selection of ST50 devices and would have thought that I’d see depth at least.

In a previous post on the forum Joshua mentioned reversing the Seatalk cables. I have no done this and am a little reluctant to take this step without more of an understanding of why this might help.

Thanks in advance for your help – just so you know, the GPS, WiFi and AIS are all working fine.

Best

Martin

Hello

Sorry for the late reply. Yes we find that a lot of Seatalk products have the polarity on differently to our products. By swapping the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ around you can get results. We are not sure why this happens but it will be fine to test.

What you need to make sure of is that you don’t add power or ground to anywhere that is not meant to have it. Only change the inputs and outputs and please double check all connections before powering up. We have had customers put 12.0V straight into their unit accidentally. This is why the majority of our units use low power 5.0V however we cannot do this for things like our A027.

I hope this helps, please let us know how you got on.

Best regards

p.s. if using Garmin bridge then make sure that the RS422 side is connected to our device and the RS232 side is connected to the other device. please see this link for more help.

https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10942” class=”bbcode_url”>&t=10942″>https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10942

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Cart