• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

First…sorry about my english…

I installed my new a022 and i don’t get any ais signals. The green light doesn’t beep. The red led beeps good.

I have it conect to vhf antena 3 meters high from the water.

It is a configuration problem or a hardward problem?

Thanks for your atention.

Hello

If the red light is flashing then that suggests that the unit is fully functional. The green LED will flash for every full valid AIS sentence that is received. If it is not flashing at all and you are not receiving any AIS messages then there is an issue with the incoming signal. Please check the following:

• check antenna is properly connected and the unit is connected securely

• check connections for dust and damage

• check with other AIS instruments that there are transponders within your area that are transmitting (vessels have to be moving and with a transponder for you to receive a signal)

• test with another antenna

• test with another cable

• change locations of the antenna

• check for any interference along cable/antenna (must be at least 0.5m away from a WiFi emitting device)(check cables don’t run near other un shielded cables or other forms of radio interference)

• I know this is a big list but these are some of the possible reasons why you wouldn’t get any signal to the unit. once a valid AIS sentence is received by the unit it will flash green. our smaller range of AIS receivers are extremely reliable and mobile so we highly doubt it is a fault with the unit. however if there is an issue then im sure we can fix it. feel free to post any images or diagrams of your setup to help.

Best regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Cart