QK-R043 Managed Marine Ethernet Switch
£186.00 (£155.00 excl. VAT)
The R043 is a managed Ethernet switch, especially designed to provide reliable high-speed data connection in highly demanding industrial environments. It integrates advanced management and security features to provide a complete Internet-on-Board solution to the marine networking market.
- 8x Gigabit Power Over Ethernet (PoE) ports
- 2x SFP ports for optical fibre connection
- Supports both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic
- Ready to support the next generation NMEA standard, OneNet*.
- Compatiable with most Plug & Play IP cameras, IP sensors, VoIP phones
- Industrial design, metal enclosure, IP40 rating
- Wide input voltage range: DC 9-35V, redundant power with polarity reverse protection
- Web-based management interface
- ESD, Surge, EFT/Burst protection
- Manual / Drivers
The R043 is a managed layer 2 Ethernet switch, especially designed to provide reliable high-speed data connection in highly demanding industrial environments.
The R043 comes with eight Gigabit Ethernet ports and two SPF (Small Form-factor Pluggable) optical fibre ports. The Gigabit Ethernet ports make the switch compable for handling video, voice, environment sensor, and navigation data between devices on board. The Ethernet ports also support PoE (Power Over Ethernet) and can provide up to a total of 196 Watts (8x22W) of power through the Ethernet cable to the connected devices that support this feature – e.g., VoIP phones, wireless access points or surveillance cameras.
The two SFP optical fibre ports offer an interconnecting option by using optical fibre. The optical fibre connection provides higher bandwidth capacity over longer distances.
The R043 also integrates advanced management and security features to provide a complete Internet-on-Board solution to the marine networking market. It is a Plug & play device with its default settings, only requires a 12VDC power supply. All this makes the system particularly easy to install.
The hardware of R043 and the latest firmware of it were designed to be able to support the next generation NMEA standard, OneNet*.
The R043 marine managed Ethernet switch has the following options for inputs, outputs.
- 2 independent power supply terminals
- 8x Gigabit PoE RJ45 ports
- 2x Optical fibre SFP ports
The R043 was designed to be used on small and medium sized ships, in marinas, and for boat owners who are planning to upgrade their vessel’s marine electronics system to OneNet*.
Available to add to your order:
- QK-R041 Marine Wireless 4G LTE Router
- QK-A027-plus NMEA 2000 AIS+GPS Receiver with NMEA Multiplexer and Ethernet, N2K, WiFi,USB Outputs
What’s included with the R043?
- R043 Managed Marine Ethernet Switch
Help and Support
For any technical questions regarding this product, you can visit the forum at https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/ and ask us your question.
Alternatively, contact us directly, with details of your set up and we will be happy to help.
You may also like…
QK-A027-plus NMEA 2000 AIS+GPS Receiver with NMEA Multiplexer and Ethernet, N2K, WiFi,USB Outputs
£213.60 (£178.00 excl. VAT)
QK-A034 Bi-directional WiFi to NMEA 2000 Gateway Multiplexer with NMEA 0183 and SeaTalk input options
QK-A033 Bi-directional NMEA 0183 Multiplexer with SeaTalk Converter
£193.56 (£161.30 excl. VAT)