QK-AS07-N2K NMEA 2000 GPS and Heading Sensor
Reliable NMEA 2000 GPS and Heading sensor.
- NMEA 2000® certified product
- NMEA 2000 ‘plug and play’ connection, for instant positional data
- Provides positioning data from GPS, Glonass and Galileo Global Navigation Satellite Systems for additional accuracy and reliability
- 3-Axis digital compass heading sensor
- IPX67 waterproof enclosure
Output switch available for optional configuration and 0183 use (not required for standard NMEA 2000 use)
- AS07-C Optional Output Switch
- Manual / Drivers
The QK-AS07-N2K, combines GPS/Glonass/Galileo positioning and 3-axis digital compass sensors in one compact case. It can be connected directly to NMEA 2000 backbone providing positioning and heading information.This eliminates the need to install a GPS antenna and separate electronic compass. Only one installation is required, saving installation time and cost.
Simply connect the AS07-N2K directly to the NMEA 2000 backbone. It is powered by the NMEA 2000 backbone, and will instantly make positional and heading data (PGN messages) available to all NMEA 2000 connected devices with no need for additional configuration.
AS07-N2K features superior sensitivity for consistent signal acquisition, reliable position and heading accuracy, and accurate speed and course-over-ground readings. The AS07-N2K is designed for marine environments and suitable for other outdoor and vehicular use, with a IPX6 waterproof housing. The AS07-N2K is a compact size and is suitable for flush-mount, pole-mount, or rail-mount installation.
What are GPS, Glonass and Galileo GNSS?
The AS07-N2K receives and process messages from GPS, Galileo and Glonass positioning satellites. GPS, Galileo and Glonass are all space-satellite based navigation systems, also known as Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS).
- GPS (Global Positioning System), was created by the US government and operated by the US Space Force.
- GLONASS provides a comparable alternative to GPS. It was created by Russia.
- GALILEO was created by the EU through the European GNSS Agency.
By accessing more than one Global Navigation Satellite System, the AS07-N2K:
- increases location accuracy and
- maximizes reliability in case one system is out of range or inaccessible.
AS07-0183 has two raised lines on the tube, the center point of these should be pointed straight forward, towards the front of the boat, as illustrated. If this is not possible, you can configure this adjustment to +90 to –90 degrees using the Windows configuration tool. (See the full manual for more details)
- NMEA 2000 ‘plug and play’ instant network connection (no configuration required)
- Support GPS, Glonass and Galileo GNSS
- 1 Hz position update rate is the default setting
- Enables 3° Compass heading accuracy (steady conditions)
- Up to 5° compass heading accuracy in dynamic conditions((pitching and rolling up to 30°)
- Ultra-low (<100mA) power consumption at 12V DC
- IPX6 waterproof enclosure
- 1 x QK-AS07-N2K GPS and Heading sensor with 10 metre NMEA 2000 cable
- 1 x chosen mounting base
- 1 x QK-AS07-C Output Switch
Help and Support
For any technical questions regarding this product, you can visit the forum at https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/ and ask us your question, it’s regularly checked by our technical team and your question may already have been answered there.
Alternatively, contact us directly, with details of your set up and we will be happy to help.
AS07-C Optional Output Switch
The AS07-N2K is designed to be used out of the box, for instant positional data to your NMEA 2000 bus.
However, alternatively, the AS07-N2K can be used with the AS07-C (optional purchase) for,
A) Additional configuration using Windows PC,
- Filtering of NMEA 2000 PGN messages, to eliminate unwanted data.
- Adjusting the frequency of NMEA 2000 data. The default setting is 1 Hz (data transferred once per second) The frequency can be set to 1/2/5/10 per second. 1Hz is the default setting and is generally recommended. Please note: 10 Hz may cause data overflow on the NMEA 2000 system.
B) Backward compatibility with NMEA 0183 devices.
When used with the AS07-C, instead of a NMEA 2000 connection, the AS07-N2K with the AS07-C will have the following connections:
- Power: 12V and GND terminals need to be connected.
- USB: A type B micro USB connection allows for connection to a PC. This connection is used to adjust optional additional settings (see Configuration section).
- NMEA 0183 output: AS07-N2K sends out the GNSS messages via the NMEA 0183-RS422 output at a baud rate of 4800bps as default (Baud rates can be adjusted, see configuration section).
More information can be found in the AS07-C product page and AS07-N2K manual.
Manual / Drivers
Detailed technical specifications (The ‘Manual’).
Configuration software based on Windows system. Allows user to change the output messsages format between NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000(N2K). It also allows to setup ouput data baud rate, GNSS messages frequency,messages type.
$175.64 ($146.37 excl. VAT)