QK-A032-S NMEA 2000/0183 Bi-directional Gateway + WiFi
$152.80 ($127.33 excl. VAT)
- Connects NMEA 2000 network to NMEA 0183 instruments or devices
- Converts NMEA 0183 sentences to NMEA 2000 PNGs and vice versa
- WiFi access to your combined data both with and without a router
- USB connection
- Standard version (A032-S) and AIS converting version(A032-AIS) available.
- Manual / Drivers
- AIS Receiver comparison guide
- Compare NMEA Multiplexers
The QK-A032 bi-directional gateway provides straight forward connection of NMEA 0183 equipment to NMEA 2000 networks.
The Bi-directional gateway will let you:
- Connect NMEA 0183 equipment to your and NMEA 2000 bus
- Converts NMEA protocols in both directions, 0183 to 2000 and 2000 to 0183
- View the combined data through a chart plotter or USB and WiFi to your laptop, tablet or smart phone.
Connect 0183 equipment to the high-speed world of N2K networking. Cross-protocol connectivity and conversions allows you to use both NMEA protocols on your boat.
- Converts the most common NMEA 0183 sentences into NMEA 2000 PGNs
- Converts the most common NMEA 2000 PGNs into NMEA 0183 sentences
- WiFi/USB NMEA messages output
- Pre-fitted cables for ease of instalation
- WiFi supports Ad-hoc and station mode (Connects Wirelessly ‘peer to peer’ without a router or through a router to all connected devices)
- Configurable baud rate (default baud rate is set to 4800bps, but configurable using Configuration software)
- Galvanic Opto-isolation on NMEA 0183 input and NMEA 2000 CAN bus connection
- Free Firmware updates provided when new features and conversions are added
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS iphone (Configuration and updates require a Windows PC with USB port)
- Can also connect to older RS232 products through optional Protocol Bridge (AS03). For more information, read below
Please note: This product is the A032-S Standard version. For AIS converting go to QK-A032+AIS
FAQ – How to connect NMEA0183 RS422 to older RS232 devices.
This product uses the NMEA 0183-RS422 protocol (differential signal), however some older chart plotters or instruments may use the older NMEA-RS232 protocol (Single-ended signal).
To ensure A032-S compatibility with any older NMEA0183 device, check if your device uses NMEA0183 RS422 or RS232
- NMEA0183 RS422 devices’ wiring is compatible ‘out of the box’
- NMEA0183 RS232 will require a Protocol Bridge (AS03) to connect your wiring
Connecting the A032-S to an older (RS232) instrument or chartplotter is not a problem, simply order the QK-AS03 Protocol Bridge. Our QK-AS03 Protocol Bridge connects NMEA-RS232 wiring to MNEA0183-RS422 and vice versa, using a simple ‘Plug ‘n’ Play’ connection, with no setup or configuration needed.
You will probably need an AS03 if you are connecting to an older Garmin, Raymarine or Standard Horizon device. The easiest way to check, is to look at the input/output connections on the device that you will connect the multiplexer to. If the input/output connections on your device (Chart plotter, depth reader, etc.) have a TX, RX or GND connection, use a protocol bridge.
If in doubt contact us for advice.
In the box:
- 1 x QK-A032-S
- 1 x USB cable (not pictured)
- 1 x CD containing Manuals, Configuration Software and driver
- 1 x Setup Guidebook
This product now includes a dual band WiFi antenna (AS05) as standard.
Available to add to your order:
Help and Support
For any technical questions regarding this product, you can visit the forum at https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/ and ask us your question, it’s regularly checked by our technical team and your question may already have been answered there.
Alternatively, contact us directly, with details of your set up and we will be happy to help.
Manual / Drivers
QK-A032 Basic Setup Overview.
Detailed technical specifications. (The ‘Technical Application Note’)
The QK-A032-S comes preloaded with drivers.
The device driver is a file that lets the computer know the configurations and specification of the AIS receiver. In case you’ve had software issues, the driver can be downloaded below.
The configuration software is for configuring the A032-S.
How to use configuration software ?
Below is our ‘step by step’ guide
AIS Receiver comparison guide
For mobile view and PDF click here
Compare NMEA Multiplexers
For mobile view and PDF click here