QK-A028 AIS receiver and AS04 GPS receiver bundle
$214.21 ($178.51 excl. VAT)
A028 AIS receiver and AS04 GPS receiver bundle for the ultimate in GPS technology
- Manual / Drivers
Are you looking for a simple plug and play solution to receive GPS data? Then look no further….
This nifty little bundle includes our A028 AIS receiver which is a compact, dual channel AIS receiver and AIS / GPS multiplexer, and our AS04 portable GPS antenna. These gadgets are perfectly designed to work together to provide crucial AIS and GPS data to chart plotters and other NMEA 2000 devices*.
Not only can you use these devices to see where other vessels are, but you can also see where you are in relation to them and the coastline, giving you the peace of mind you need while sailing the open waters.
*Looking for NMEA 0183 instead…try our AS03 protocol bridge for seamless conversion from NMEA 2000 to NMEA 0183
- Two independent receivers monitor AIS channels (161.975MHz &162.025MHz) and decode both channels simultaneously
- Combines AIS and GPS messages, and outputs as a seamless stream of data
- Sensitivity down to -105 dBm@30% PER
- AIS reception range: up to 20 nautical miles
- BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
- Built-in GPS module to provide positional data (simply connect a GPS antenna)
- Powered SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna
- NMEA 2000 (N2K) output
- NMEA 0183 RS422 message output – baud rate 38400bps (also connects to NMEA 0183 RS232 when used with the Quark-elec Protocol Bridge (AS03)
- Additional NMEA 0183 output through USB OTG
- Plug & play connectivity with chart plotters and PCs
- Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10, Mac OS X, Linux systems
- Magnetic base
- Waterproof & dust tight (IPX6 rated) ideal for marine as well as building sites
- Centre frequency of 1575.42MHz for GPS compatibility
- Built-in Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) provides a 28dB gain that makes it a high performance antenna
- 50Ω male SMA connector
- 1 x QK-A028 AIS receiver
- 1 x AS04 GPS antenna
Help and Support
For any technical questions regarding this product, you can visit the forum at https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/ and ask us your question, it’s regularly checked by our technical team and your question may already have been answered there.
Alternatively, contact us directly, with details of your set up and we will be happy to help.
Manual / Drivers
QK-A028 Basic Setup Overview.
Detailed technical specifications. (The ‘Technical Application Note’).
The QK-A028 comes pre-loaded with a driver.
The device driver is a file that lets the computer know the configurations and specification of the AIS receiver. In case you’ve had software issues the driver can also be downloaded here.