QK-A026-plus NMEA 2000 AIS Receiver with NMEA Multiplexer + N2K Converter + WiFi + GPS
$330.24 ($275.20 excl. VAT)
The new A026+ is an incredibly versatile device with outstanding build quality. With countless functions working seamlessly this multifaceted AIS receiver is a must have for those looking for an easy and reliable WiFi enabled solution to complex marine networks.
- AIS and GPS receiving capabilities
- Up to 50 nautical miles receiving range
- NMEA 2000 connection
- 1 x 0183 INPUT 1 x 0183 OUTPUT 1 x SeaTalk Input
- WiFi capable
- USB enabled
- A fully integrated bi-directional data converter to allow your devices to communicate together with no delay/data lag.
- Manual / Drivers
- AIS Receiver comparison guide
- Compare NMEA Multiplexers
The A026+ is used by many commercial and retail sectors alike, including sports, leisure, fishing and vessel monitoring markets. This level of adaptability is due to not only the A026+’s solid metal enclosure and heavy duty S0239 connector but also because of its WiFi capabilities and its ease of use. The A026+ requires little to no configuration in most cases and can transmit all of your data to any WiFi enabled Android, iOS, Windows or Mac device allowing you to use navigational applications on the go.
This dynamic nature of the A026+ is what currently makes it one of the best smart solutions available on the marine market. The below chart highlights the significant functional differences between the entry-level devices and commercial grade A027+ and A026+:
|Product||USB||WiFi||Ethernet||NMEA 2000||SeaTalk Converter||Maximum AIS range|
Technical Specifications & Features
- Two independent receivers monitoring AIS channels simultaneously
- Sensitivity up to -112 dBm@30% PER (up to 450% more sensitive than the A026)
- Up to 45 nautical miles receiving range
- SeaTalk1 to NMEA 0183 protocol converter
- NMEA 0183 message output through WiFi, USB and NMEA 0183
- Built-in GPS to provide positional data
- Multiplexing NMEA input with AIS+GPS sentences, and outputs as a seamless stream of data
- Convert the combined NMEA 0183 data into NMEA 2000 PGNs
- The internal WiFi access point connects up to 4 devices simultaneously
- Plug & Play connectivity with chart plotters and PCs
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS (Initial configuration must be completed using Windows software.)
QK-A026+ has the following connections/indicators:
- AIS antenna connector. Heavy duty SO239 VHF type connector for external antenna. An active VHF antenna splitter(e.g. QK-A015-RX ) is required if one VHF antenna is shared by QK-A026-plus and VHF voice radio.
- GPS connector.A TNC female bulkhead connector is for external GPS antenna. An integrated GPS module supplies positional data provided a GPS antenna is connected.
- WiFi connector. A SMA connecotor. Connectivity in both Ad-hoc and Station Modes on 802.11 b/g/n provides WiFi output of all messages. WiFi can also be disabled by setup into standby mode.
- USB connector. A type-B USB connector supplies power to the unit and also outputs the NMEA messages. It can also be used for adjusting parameters using the GUI Configuration software or upgrading the firmware.
- NMEA 0183 output connectors. A026+ can be connected to other AIS compatible equipment, like wind/depth or heading sensors, via the NMEA inputs. The NMEA 0183 messages from these devices can be multiplexed with AIS+GPS messages and then sent out through the NMEA 0183 output, WiFi, USB and NMEA 2000 backbone to a chart plotter or other on-board device.
- NMEA 2000. The A026+ is pre-fitted with a five-core screened cable for the NMEA 2000 connection, fitted with a male micro-fit connector. Simply connect the cable to the network backbone using a T-piece connector. An NMEA 2000 backbone always requires two termination resistors, one at each end.
If in doubt contact us for advice.
- 1 x QK-A026+
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x 1m NMEA 2000 drop cable
- 1 x Setup Guidebook
- 1 x WiFi antenna
Available to add to your order:
- QK-AS02 entry level AIS/VHF Antenna (SO239 to BNC adapter needed) or QK-AS12 AIS/VHF Fibreglass Antenna
- QK-AS04 entry-level GPS Antenna (SMA to TNC adapter needed) or QK-AS14 Waterproof mushroom GPS, Galileo and Glonass Antenna (BNC to TNC adapter needed)
- QK-A015-RX Active VHF Splitter-for AIS receivers (only needed if planning to share a single VHF antenna between an AIS receiver and VHF radio)
- QK-AS03 NMEA Protocol Bridge (only needed if connecting to RS232 devices)
- UHF/SO239 (female) to BNC male connector (only needed if connecting to UHF/SO239 male antenna cable connector)
- UHF/SO239 (male) to BNC female connector (only needed if connecting to our AS02 antenna)
Help and Support
For any technical questions regarding this product, you can visit the forum at https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/ and ask us your question, it’s regularly checked by our technical team and your question may already have been answered there.
Alternatively, contact us directly, with details of your set up and we will be happy to help.
Manual / Drivers
QK-A026+ Basic Setup Overview.
Detailed technical specifications. (The ‘Technical Application Note’).
The QK-A026+ comes preloaded with drivers.
The device driver is a file that lets the computer know the configurations and specification of the AIS receiver. In case you’ve had software issues the driver can be downloaded below.
Check the setup guide for more information.
AIS Receiver comparison guide
For mobile view and PDF click here
Compare NMEA Multiplexers
For mobile view and PDF click here
You may also like…
$162.66 ($135.55 excl. VAT)
$245.46 ($204.55 excl. VAT)
QK-A034 Bi-directional WiFi to NMEA 2000 Gateway Multiplexer with NMEA 0183 and SeaTalk input options