QK-A015-TX Active VHF Splitter (for AIS transponders)
£175.20 (£146.00 excl. VAT)
- The QK-A015-TX Active AIS-VHF Antenna Splitter allows one VHF antenna to be shared between VHF and AIS devices:
- VHF radio (reception and transmission)
- AIS transponder (reception and transmission)
- AM/FM radio (reception)
- Built-in pre-amplifier providing AIS signal gain (typically 12dB) maximizes AIS reception and range
- VHF fail-safe functionality to continue transmitting VHF radio even if the power to the splitter fails
- Straight forward connection (no configuration required)
- Low power consumption.
- Manual / Drivers
This active AIS-VHF Antenna Splitter provides a typical AIS Gain of 12dB, while allowing one VHF antenna to be shared between,
- VHF radio
- AIS transponder and
- AM/FM radio
Specifically, the A015-TX allows the one VHF antenna to provide the following functions:
- Reception of VHF radio, AIS messages and AM/FM radio
- Transmission from VHF radio
- Transmission of AIS messaging from your AIS transponder
- Straight forward connection to the relevant devices
The A015-TX is an active splitter.
This is an important distinction, as, while many splitters cause signal loss, an active splitter actually provides a signal gain for AIS and minimizes VHF and FM/AM insert loss. The A015-TX’s built-in pre-amplifier amplifies the AIS signals, thereby increasing the AIS receiver range and reception.
The A015-TX has five connections:
• Power cable: connect to 12V-24V DC power
• VHF Antenna: SO239 connector for VHF antenna
• VHF Radio: SO239 connector for VHF radio
• AIS: SO239 connector for AIS transponder
• FM/AM: BNC connector for FM/AM radio signal output
- 12V-24V powered
- Low power consumption
- Uses standard SO239 connector for VHF, AIS and antenna connections
- Typical AIS gain 12dB
- Less insert loss (≤ 3.0dB) for VHF radio and FM/AM radio(≤ 0.5 dB)
- Built-in pre-amplifier (typical Gain 12dB) providing AIS signal gain and maximizes receivers’ range
- LED power and status indicator
- Compact & easy to install
- VHF failsafe function – in the unlikely case of splitter power loss or failure, the VHF radio remains functional, as VHF radio has full priority.
Fully compatible with all AIS transponders and will maximize their performance.
Please note: The A015-TX is compatible with AIS transponders/transceivers. While it can also be used with AIS receivers, if you require an AIS ‘receive only’ splitter the A015-RX is sufficient.
- 1 x QK-A015-TX
- 1 x CD containing manual and setup guide
- 1 x printed setup guide
Available to add to your order:
- SO-239 Male RF Coaxial Cable (10m/1m):
AIS transponder eg:
- VHF Antenna:
Help and Support
For any technical questions regarding this product, you can visit the forum at https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/ and ask us your question, it’s regularly checked by our technical team and your question may already have been answered there.
Alternatively, contact us directly, with details of your set up and we will be happy to help.