- Marine Electronics
- QK-A027-plus NMEA 2000 AIS+GPS Receiver with NMEA Multiplexer and Ethernet, N2K, WiFi,USB Outputs
QK-A027-plus NMEA 2000 AIS+GPS Receiver with NMEA Multiplexer and Ethernet, N2K, WiFi,USB Outputs
£213.60 (£178.00 excl. VAT)
The A027+ is a commercial level AIS/GPS receiver with multiple routing functions. Data generated from the built-in AIS and GPS receivers, the NMEA 0183, and Seatalk1 inputs is combined by the multiplexer and can be forwarded to WiFi, Ethernet (RJ45 port), USB, NMEA0183 and N2K outputs.
Whether you are using a tablet, a mobile phone or an onboard computer, you can easily connect the device to your on-board navigation system. The A027+ can also be used as an AIS shore station which can receive and transfer AIS data to a remote server via the internet by government bodies.
- AIS and GPS receiving capabilities
- Up to 45 nautical miles receiving range
- NMEA 2000 connection
- 1 x 0183 INPUT 1 x 0183 OUTPUT 1 x SeaTalk1 Input
- Ethernet port
- WiFi and USB capable
- Manual / Drivers
- AIS Receiver comparison guide
- Compare NMEA Multiplexers
With the introduction of an Ethernet (RJ45) port, the A027+ is capable of connecting directly to your computer or via a router to feed AIS and GPS data. The additional features such as the WiFi, USB and N2K outputs, combined with the NMEA multiplexing facility mean this device provides a seamless stream of output data to your device.
The A027+ can also be used as an AIS shore station to monitor of shipping by government bodies.
which can receive and transfer AIS data to a remote server via the internet by government bodies.
Its solid metal enclosure means it can be used by many commercial and retail sectors alike, including sports, leisure, fishing, and vessel monitoring markets. The heavy duty S0239 connector is ideal for use with our QK-AS12 VHF antenna and can withstand even the harshest of weather conditions, which is perfect for those who love to brave the water in all weathers.
The A027+ requires little to no configuration in most cases and can transmit all of your data to any WiFi enabled Android, iOS, Windows or Mac device, allowing you to use navigational applications on the go.
The dynamic nature of the A027+ is what currently makes it one of the best smart solutions available on the marine market.
- Onboard AIS/GPS receiver
- Monitoring of shipping by government bodies as AIS shore station
- Feeding data to AIS vessel tracking websites
- Managing traffic at local port approaches
- Assisting in Search and Rescue operations
- Analyzing shipping in specific areas
- Monitoring fishing zones
Technical Specifications & Features
- Two independent receivers monitoring both AIS channels simultaneously
- Sensitivity up to -112 dBm@30% PER (compared with the 105dBm of the A027)
- Up to 45 nautical miles receiving range
- SeaTalk1 to NMEA 0183 protocol converter
- NMEA 0183 message output through Ethernet (RJ45), WiFi, USB and NMEA 0183 port
- Built-in GPS to provide positional data
- Multiplexing NMEA input with AIS+GPS sentences, and outputs these as a seamless stream of data
- Converts the combined NMEA 0183 data into NMEA 2000 PGNs
- Connects up to 4 devices simultaneously using the internal WiFi access point
- Plug & Play connectivity with chart plotters and PCs
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS (The configuration tool is a Windows application, therefore a Windows computer is required for the initial configuration)
- Can connect to older RS232 products through optional Protocol Bridge (AS03).
What makes the A027+ unique?
The A027+ is classed as a commercial grade AIS receiver as it offers more enhanced functions such as the Ethernet and NMEA 2000 outputs, which some entry level AIS receivers do not. It has a greater AIS range of 45nm, similar to the commercial grade A026+, however, as it is a one-way interface, the A027+ is perfect for those wanting the extra AIS range, but do not need the additional features that the A026+ provides. This keeps the A027+ pocket-friendly, while still offering more advanced functions than the entry-level devices.
The below comparison chart briefly explains the functional differences between these products:
|Product||USB||WiFi||Ethernet||NMEA 2000||SeaTalk Converter||Maximum AIS range|
QK-A027+ has the following connections/indicators:
- AIS antenna connector: Heavy duty SO239 VHF type connector for external antenna. An active VHF antenna splitter (e.g., QK-A015-RX ) is required if one VHF antenna is shared by the QK-A027+ and a VHF voice radio.
- GPS connector: A TNC female bulkhead connector for an external GPS antenna. The integrated GPS module supplies positional data provided a GPS antenna is connected.
- WiFi: Connectivity in both Ad-hoc and station modes on 802.11 b/g/n provides WiFi output of all messages. WiFi can also be disabled by setup into standby mode.
- Ethernet: The multiplexed navigation data can be sent to a computer or remote server (by connecting the A027+ to a router with internet connection).
- USB connector: The A027+ comes with a type B USB connector and USB cable. The USB connection supports data input (for firmware update and changing default settings) and output as standard (multiplexed information from all input instruments will be sent to this connection).
- NMEA 0183 input/output connectors: A027+ can be connected to other AIS compatible equipment, such as wind/depth or heading sensors, via the NMEA input. The NMEA 0183 messages from these devices can be multiplexed with AIS+GPS messages and then sent out through the NMEA 0183 output to a chart plotter or other on-board device.
- NMEA 2000: The A027+ is pre-fitted with a five-core screened cable for the NMEA 2000 connection, fitted with a male micro-fit connector. Simply connect the cable to the network backbone using a T-piece connector. An NMEA 2000 backbone always requires two termination resistors, one at each end.
- 1 x QK-A027+
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x 1m NMEA 2000 drop cable
- 1 x setup guidebook
- 1 x WiFi antenna
Available to add to your order:
- QK-AS02 entry level AIS/VHF Antenna (SO239 to BNC adapter needed) or QK-AS12 AIS/VHF Fibreglass Antenna
- QK-AS04 entry-level GPS Antenna (SMA to TNC adapter needed) or QK-AS14 Waterproof mushroom GPS, Galileo and Glonass Antenna (BNC to TNC adapter needed)
- QK-A015-RX Active VHF Splitter-for AIS receivers (only needed if planning to share a single VHF antenna between an AIS receiver and VHF radio)
- QK-AS03 NMEA Protocol Bridge (only needed if connecting to RS232 devices)
- UHF/SO239 (female) to BNC male connector (only needed if connecting to UHF/SO239 male antenna cable connector)
- UHF/SO239 (male) to BNC female connector (only needed if connecting to our AS02 antenna)
Help and Support
For any technical questions regarding this product, you can visit the forum at https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/ and ask us your question, it’s regularly checked by our technical team and your question may already have been answered there.
Alternatively, contact us directly, with details of your set up and we will be happy to help.
Click Here for all our Marine Products
Manual / Drivers
QK-A027+ Basic Setup Overview.
Detailed technical specifications. (The ‘Technical Application Note’).
The QK-A027+ comes preloaded with drivers.
The device driver is a file that lets the computer know the configurations and specification of the AIS receiver. In case you’ve had software issues the driver can be downloaded below.
Check the setup guide for more information.
AIS Receiver comparison guide
For mobile view and PDF click here
Compare NMEA Multiplexers
For mobile view and PDF click here
You may also like…
QK-A034 Bi-directional WiFi to NMEA 2000 Gateway Multiplexer with NMEA 0183 and SeaTalk input options
QK-A032 NMEA 2000/0183 Bi-directional Gateway + USB + WiFi
£128.28 (£106.90 excl. VAT)
QK-A033 Bi-directional NMEA 0183 Multiplexer with SeaTalk Converter
£193.56 (£161.30 excl. VAT)