The marine Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a location and vessel information reporting system. It allows vessels equipped with AIS to automatically and dynamically share and regularly update their position, speed, course and other information such as vessel identity with similarly equipped vessels. Position is derived from the Global Positioning System (GPS) and communication between vessels is by Very High Frequency (VHF) digital transmissions. There are a number of types of AIS device, like Class A transceivers, Class B transceivers, AIS base stations, Aids to Navigation (AtoN) and AIS receivers.
QK-A024 is a compact dual channel, VHF AIS receiver and is able to receive information from both AIS frequencies simultaneously. It can also combine one external NMEA0813(4.8kbps) data source with GPS and AIS messages. This single data stream is then transmitted synchronously via WiFi, USB and RS422.
QK-A026 includes all of the features of the QK-A024 and includes an integrated GPS module. Both of them share the same capabilities for most other features; therefore they are covered together in this document.
· Two independent receivers monitoring AIS channels(161.975MHz &162.025MHz) and decoding both channels simultaneously
· Sensitivity down to -107 dBm@30% PER
· Up to 55 nautical miles receiving range
· USB 2.0 powered (<270mA @ 5.0V)
· NMEA-0183 message output through WiFi,USB and RS422
· Optional build-in GPS to provide position data
· Combine NMEA input(4.8kpbs only), GPS and AIS messages and output as a seamless stream of data
· BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
· SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna
· Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10,Mac OS X, Linux systems
· Plug & play connectivity with chart plotters and PCs
The setup and installation videos of QK-A026 can be found at the following links:
Drivers can be download here.
Application note can be download here.
For technical questions regarding this item, please go to Quark-elec website and leave your question on the forum, that's the quickest way to get the reply.