Can I connect my WiFi AIS receiver to the Navionics Boating APP?
Yes, Quark-elec AIS, GPS and other WiFi data, has been compatible with Navionics’ boating APP, since the Navionics’ Boating APP update in August 2019 .
However, it’s great to see that it’s now official.
Navionics have tested Quark-elec AIS devices and have added Quark-elec to the official list of compatible AIS receivers, multiplexers and gateways.
‘How do I set up Navionics Boating APP to view Quark-elec WiFi AIS receiver or NMEA 0183, N2k and SeaTalk multiplexer/WiFi gateway data ?’
What is the best WiFi AIS receiver or WiFi multiplexer/gateway to link to my system?
All Quark-elec WiFi products are compatible with the Navionics Boating APP.
Here are some of the most popular …
WiFi transmitting, GPS and AIS receivers/transponders
- QK-A026 Wireless AIS Receiver with NMEA Multiplexer + GPS
- QK-A027 Wireless AIS Receiver with GPS + SeaTalk Converter
- QK-A028 Wireless AIS Receiver+NMEA 2000 converter + GPS
- QK-A051T WiFi AIS Transponder
WiFi-transmitting, multiplexers and data converters
- QK-A031 NMEA 0183 Multiplexer with SeaTalk Converter + WiFi
- QK-A032-S NMEA 2000/0183 Bi-directional Gateway + WiFi
- QK-A033 Bi-directional WiFi –NMEA 0183 Multiplexer with SeaTalk Converter
- QK-A034 Bi-directional WiFi–NMEA 2000–USB Multiplexer, with NMEA 0183 and SeaTalk Converter input options
All Quark-elec WiFi products include both Ad-hoc WiFi and Station mode WiFi. What does this mean?
Option 1: Without a Router, no internet needed (Ad-hoc mode):
– This is the default setting.
– 4 connections can be active at one time, in the default (TCP) setting.
– The WiFi range will be about 10 meters (line of sight).
– No configuration required. Simply scan for nearby WiFi networks/SSIDs, select your device WiFi SSID and enter the default password.
Option 2: With an Access Point / Router (Station mode):
By connecting your quark-elec device to your network access point or router, your marine data will be available across your whole network.
– Many more connections will likely be possible, depending on the range of your access point.
– The WiFi range will be extended to the range of WiFi network.
– WiFi data will be accessible at the same time as other network data, without switching between networks.
– Setup through Configuration software (Windows software via USB to PC. Or if using a Mac, a Windows simulation software such as Parallels or Boot Camp can be used)
Or if you specifically need Bi-directional (2-way) WiFi:
With 2 way WiFi, you can both,
- view your Marine data on your phone/tablets boating Apps, and
- send messages/commands via WiFi from your tablet/device to all devices connected to the Quark-elec WiFi product.
This includes sending waypoints and other commands/alerts, in line with your Apps functionality.
Check out our top Bi-directional multiplexers for 2-way WiFi :
- QK-A033 Bi-directional NMEA 0183 Multiplexer with SeaTalk Converter
- QK-A034 Bi-directional NMEA 2000 to WIFI and USB Multiplexer with NMEA 0183 and SeaTalk input options
- Browse setup diagrams to find the right marine WiFi gateway for your setup (click on any of the images or product names to visit that product’s full description.)
- View straight-forward 1-step Navionics’ setup instructions
- View full Marine Electronics Range
- Find your local Quark-elec distributor
If you’re not sure which WiFi AIS receiver or WiFi device you need, feel free to contact us with details of your wish list or setup and we’ll be happy to help.