05/09/2017

Windows 10 and AIS Receivers – Quick Reference Guide

All of our Marine Electronics are compatible with Windows  7/8 and 10.  The drivers will support most set ups back to XP and they should self-install.  A new COM port will automatically show up in Device Manager when you plug it in. The USB connection can always be checked using a Terminal Monitoring Application such as Hyperterminal or PuTTY.  Settings and procedure can be checked here using the appropriate manual for your model.

Frequently asked questions include:

Q             Have just plugged in a new A022 into a Windows 10 64 Bit tablet and the Device Manager shows the device under “Other Devices” and STM32F4-Discovery in FS Mode. Properties displays Code 28 “Drivers for this device are not installed”. Device Manager says This device can not start (Code 10)

A             All of our Receivers should work under Windows 10 and the drivers should automatically install, it should be ‘Plug’n’Play’.  However, occasionally this does not happen.  Often this is because the operating system on the PC has been upgraded from Windows 7/8 to Windows 10 rather than having a clean Windows 10 install.

Solution: Uninstall the drivers and reinstall

The official Manual or Application Notes can be accessed here and there are a number of threads on the forum about Windows topics, this user supplied link has been helpful.

Legacy Operating Systems

Q           I bought an AIS Receiver Dongle QUARK-Elec QK-A021  produced by your company. It works flawlessly with the computer under Windows 7. In the product description is a note, ‘it works with older versions of operating systems’. However, my attempt to install it on Windows 2000 professional failed.

System announced: “incorrect driver.” Attempts to find a suitable driver on the Internet failed. Do you have another version of the drivers for earlier operating systems? I need a driver for Windows 2000 professioal.

A              The oldest version QK-A021 can automatically support is XP. We do have an older version driver which may work with Windows 2000. If you email us on info@quark-elec.com we will send it to you.

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,
About
Cart