• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

Just received my items, which are quite excellent in their design. The speed of delivery was also impressive.

I purchased the NMEA Bi-directional convertor and a QK-A028 NMEA 2000 AIS/GPS receiver.

So I have the GPS unit hooked up and I can see my position on OpenCPN. NMEA sentence logger reports everything well.

What I am trying to do, whilst at home, is to confirm the settings to allow 0183 data to pass through the convertor from 0183 to N2K. When I disconnect the serial (USB ) connection to the OpenCPN the data is lost. I have configured the interface to send and receive at 38200, and I can see that it is receiving data on the LED, but it does not repeat through to N2K. I’ve tried different baud rates, but still no GPS fix on OpenCPN.

Also, the data seems to be working over Wi-Fi, but not hardwired. Which is strange.

Any advice?

Many thanks.

Ross

Anonymous

Resolved.

The device cant communicate over USB for NMEA 0183 and the configurator at the same time.

Disconnected the configurator and now it works.

Duh!

Hi Ross, Thanks for keeping us updated. Can you confirm you are using QK-A028 not QK-A032 please?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Cart