Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am trying to integrate my Garmin GPSMAP 922 to an ST60 multi using an QK-A031.  I want to be able to integrate via Seatalk so I am not dependent on the ST60 Multi and so I can use WIFI NMEA apps.

The integration works when I directly connect the NMEA cables from the ST60 Multi and the GPSMAP without the A031 so I know the connections at those devices are correct.

Please can you advise on the correct wiring please.  I have read confusing posts about connecting + to – and not connecting the nmea ground but do not understand them.

I have attached a picture of what I have tried (note I am only using the either the seatalk connection or the NMEA connection but neither works.

Anonymous

Thanks for your enquirers. In other to achieve your goal of connecting your Garmin GPSMAP 922 to your ST60 multi using an QK-A031, your need to connect your ST60 to the SeaTalk input of the QK-A031 device and connect your GPSMAP to the NMEA output of the QK-A031 device. You probably need to swap the wire polarity of the GPSMAP device if that doesn’t work.  A protocol bridge between the QK-A031 device and the GPS MAP can also work for your setup. The QK-A031 can then send your  needed messages via WiFi to your tablet or phone.

I hope this information helps and feel free to contact us regarding any further assistance.

Kind Regards

Anonymous

Thank you for your response.

I have tried what you have suggested having read previous posts on the forum.

I have connected the Seatalk connection to the A0183 both with reversed polarity and non reversed polarity.  I have also tried with not connecting the red cable as the quark is separately powered (on the same 24 voltage as the seatalk network)

Attempt 1: seatalk red cable to quark seatalk +, seatalk shield to quark seatalk – and seatalk yellow quark seatalk D (data)

Attempt 2: seatalk shield to quark seatalk +, seatalk red to quark seatalk – and yellow quark seatalk D (data)

Attempt 3: seatalk red cable not connected (as suggested in one of the posts), seatalk shield to quark seatalk – and seatalk yellow quark seatalk D (data)

Each time I check whether the data is received by using the nmea lite app on my iphone connected by WiFi.

I get no data (wind, depth, boat speed, etc.)

I also have tried connecting the NMEA 0183 output from the ST60 to the NMEA 0183 in terminals both with normal polarity and reverse polarity (as suggested in some of your posts) and test the same way.  It did not work.  I have also tried connecting the ground of the quark power -ve and the quark nmea – connection instead of connecting the nmea – from the nmea output from the ST60 as suggested in one of the posts.

I know the NMEA network is working correctly as when I bypass the quark the data is shared (connecting the ST60 TX to the 922 RX).

I also believe that the Seatalk connection is working as I have used a 3 way connection to tap the Seatalk network to provide output to the A031.  The other devices on this junction block are communicating normally.

I do not believe that a protocol bridge is the answer.  This would not apply to the Seatalk connection which is what I have tried first.

I look forward to further advice.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Matt,

Never swap Seatalk wires please! That could damage your devices. Only try to swap NMEA + or – wires please!

Can you confirm you have setup the proper band rate on A031 please? Alternatively, you can ring us to discuss more details with your system. Thanks.

Anonymous

Sorry for my delayed reply I have been ill.

I checked the baud rate and set it to 4800 when I installed the unit.  I understand this to be the standard and is what Garmin says is output from the GSMAP922.

Anonymous

I will ring it hopefully enables you to elicit anything I have done wrong more easily

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Cart