Quark-elec NMEA Marine electronics Forums Marine Electronics(AIS/NMEA Multiplexer) QK-A031 – NMEA 0183 to Simrad AC10——-solved

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello community,

I’ll keep this quick and precise. No problems with the QK-A031, everhythin I have connected in is working properly and I have confirmed with PC that I have good and helathy dataflow.

Context: I have two nmea0183 connections into the multiplexer, 1) Garmin Echomap 9-series 2) NASA Clipper Wireless wind system

I am trying to connect OUT from the Multiplexer to an old Simrad AC10 Autopilot and its not working. I have tried connecting with correct polarity (plus to plus / minus to minus) and reversed. I was wondering if anyone here happens to have the same setup and if so how they made it work.

I have already ordered the QK-AS03 for seeing if its a RS232 / RS422 problem.

Kind Regards

Johann

Hi Johann, Hope the protocol bridge(AS03) will work. If you have your AC10 manual or any related wiring inforamtion please share with us, we can check it for you.

Anonymous

Hello, the problem is solved. AC10 is an old computer with a small buffer so Simrad suggested limiting nmea sentences to only what I need. After that it works now.

For information to others with same autopilot i can tell that it will read both RS232 and RS422. I only had to reverse plus and minus on the AC10 input

I actually had to reverse all nmea cables into the multiplexer as well to get data read, so it seems like my whole nmea system is reversed. I don’t know the source of it but it doesn’t matter as thing work now 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Cart