Quark-elec NMEA Marine electronics Forums Marine Electronics(AIS/NMEA Multiplexer) QK-A026 Status Leds(constantly lit)–solved

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have the A026 (no Seatalk and not using AIS) which is connected to an Alinco DR-635 transceiver. The red led flashes every three seconds which is normal but the green light is always light so it is not receiving NMEA information. I tried switching to another antenna, tried a different USB cable and even tried installing another QK-A026 but the result is the same. I used the configuration tool which works without incident. Why is the green led continuously on?

Customer has reported via email that the issue had been solved.
      —————–
      I found the problem: the coax. If the green led is continuously lit, it means there is a short in the coax. Hopefully, this will help others.
      ——————
      Thank you James!

Anonymous

I have the QK-A026 with a OGP active antenna 1575.42 MHz 3-5vdc when I first plugged in to my Lenovo pc USB the Red light was flashing (4Hz 50% duty cycle) and the GPS light flashed at (1Hz) I started the GPS using some software I had previous used with a Globestat puck. All of the GP sentences appear to be there at my COM4 port on the computer I checked the GLL and the LAT/LON values looked good.

I then tried to set up a AD HOC wireless using the downloaded software GUI and interface with Open CPN. I can see the start sentence $PSRF…OK. No GPS and no valid AIS. I have no VHF so this was expected. I also disconnected wifi tried serial input with Open CPN. I have measured the power at the SMS connector ant. disconnected 3.7 v with DDM and Scope signal looks clean. I measured power at USB 5.1v. data lines measured about 4.2v DDM and I can see what appears to me as differential pulses. I think it is RS422 data but I can’t sync the waveform with scope. I am using a 10X probe with the shield grounded at the AIS BNC shield. Signal looks clean no noise. My thought is the antenna is bad but I have no idea how to isolated the problem. I am going to order another antenna from Amazon.

Any recommendations/suggestion would be appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Cart