• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi everyone,

This is my first post.

I wonder if anyone can help. My controller has been fitted and working for over a year and has been working fine. I only use it infrequently, about once every two months.

I have started to notice, the LEDs occasionally flash differently, ie, much more rapidly, about once per second, maybe faster. Normally the blue flashes briefly, at about once per 3 seconds and the red a longer flash but approx once per two seconds.

When the rapid flashing occurs the unit is unresponsive. Briefly disconnecting the power restores normal function.

Has anyone else noticed this? What does it mean?

Thanks.

Hello

That is unusual for the device to do this rapid flashing.

Is there a specific command you are using before you notice this?

Have you checked the SIM card in another phone?

It could be that there is another message coming into the SIM from your carrier or another unwanted message or phone call. I would check the SIM by putting it into another mobile phone and deleting all the messages just as a precaution to clean it out.

Best regards

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the long delay, I have been away.

The SIM works fine in on other phone. The SIM has not been used for any other purpose so it seems unlikely it is receiving a message from another source. When I send a message to the QK G022 the red LED stops flashing while it is responding and then goes back to the normal rate. I suppose its possible that the carrier is sending a massage to let me know how many texts the SIM has left. Could this cause this symptom? I’m surprised I’m the only one (so far) who’s noticed this behaviour.

Thanks again, for any further ideas.

Hello

It would be unusual for the red LED to flash rapidly. It should either flash slowly or solid when it is functioning a command. The blue LED does flash rapidly when there is no signal and it is searching for reception.

We will need more information to help further im afraid. Could you let me know the following?

• Which LEDs flash rapidly?

• Have you noticed it after a certain command or after a certain amount of time?

• What mobile carrier are you using for the SIM inside the unit?

• Please answer these questions and it will give us a better understanding of what could be going wrong with the unit.

To check if the network carrier is sending you messages then please remove the SIM card and delete all the information on it like text messages, voicemails and phone numbers. It could be that a voicemail or something else has been stored on the SIM card. This is very rare and if it is messages then there should only be a few from your carrier to delete.

Please let me know and we can go from there.

Best regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Cart