Quark-elec NMEA Marine electronics Forums Marine Electronics(AIS/NMEA Multiplexer) Connecting wind instrument to QK-A033 [SOLVED]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have QK-A033 installed on the boat. GPS and SeaTalk works just fine, however I have problems connecting wind instrument Nasa to the multiplexer.

Any ideas, experiences how to connect?

Anonymous

Hi Gorrazd,

You will very likely need an QK-AS03 protocol bridge – https://www.quark-elec.com/product/qk-as03-nmea-protocol-bridge/

Some older Garmin and Nasa (and others) devices require this due to the outdated wiring protocol they use (RS232). See our product page for more information.

Anonymous

Hope there are Europe dealers otthere, since postage costs from UK are almost double as much as the device cost?

Anonymous

Bt the way. I read some old posts regarded to similar issue with Nasa wind instrument I have. There was an issue that requested some ingeneer update of the firmware since converter proposed did not convert the signal properly.

Has this been resolved? Any experience from the users?

Anonymous

Hi,

I can confirm the Nasa wind instrument works as it should with the protocol bridge and the A033. Some of our older devices were not compatible with 10hz data rate – this is not the case with the A033 and after.

We have many European distributors however their stock levels are unknown to us.

https://www.quark-elec.com/distributors/

Anonymous

OK, thanks for brief information!

Hope this works, I’ve been fighting with this issue for a couple of months …

Anonymous

I can now finally confirm, this DOES !!! work.

Problem solved, thanks for assistence 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Cart