Quark-elec NMEA Marine electronics Forums Marine Electronics(AIS/NMEA Multiplexer) Can’t install USB Driver for QK-A026 under Win10—-solved

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The driver on the CD and also the diver fpr the hp as well ist not instalable under win10. I tried it on two computers, same message, “installation error”.

Has anyone solved this problem?

Thank you and best regards

Friedder

Hi Friedder,

We have received your reported issue via email and I believe our colleague have replied you with the proper suggestion? Can you please check and let us know if you need more help.

Thanks.

Anonymous

i have same fault for the software and the usb connection on win 10 in the same time i want info how to upgrade A026 thx

Hi Can you please provide a screen spot of the error please? Alternatively, you can contact our customer service to get further instruction. I believe you probably need a lower version drivers.Thanks.

Anonymous

Hi thx i will do that again but where did i find the serialnumber ?

Kurt

Anonymous

Same here:  Windows 10 and QK-A026 where the device manager reports that there are no drivers installed for the device (Code 28).  Installing via “Update driver…” with the driver from your webaite downloaded driver will not install either.

kind regards,

Perry

Hi,

A few of our customers experienced a similar issue with their devices in the past. Please follow the link for more details on how to resolve this issue:  https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/topic/a024-driver-install-fail/

We know the forum topic is about another device, but the steps to install the driver are the same.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous

I have the same problem, that QK-A026 is not connecting with my computer.

I tried WIN10 – yes with the latest update – but also win7 with no success.

It’s really frustrating if you have first to work several day with the unit for connection.

I have the stm driver installed, but when I connect A026 to the computer I get the yellow triangle @ USB controller the message – unknown failure

Help is appreciated

The following article from one of our customer could be a help.

How to install device driver if you get the “Cannot Complete the Device Driver Installation Wizard“ message on your Windows 10 computer?

Installing the driver:
              The driver signature enforcement can be temporarily disabled to install the driver. After rebooting Windows 10 it will become enabled again. The steps for this are the following:

1.      Click Start, Power, keep the Shift key pressed on your keyboard and click Restart.

2.      After Windows Recovery Environment is launched, click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > click Restart.

3.      From the list (Startup Settings with 9 options), please choose option 7) Disable driver signature enforcement, by pressing F7 on your keyboard.

4.      The system will reboot into Windows and you should be able to install the driver without issues (the operating system might display a window with the message Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software – click Install this driver software anyway to continue with the installation).

5.      After successful installation, please reboot your computer, so the diver signature enforcement gets re-enabled.

Connecting your device to the computer:
              6.      Open the Device Manager and expand the list of Ports (COM & LPT).

7.      Power up your device and connect it to your computer using the supplied USB cable. A new COM port should appear on the list which is the COM port assigned to your device. If the name of this new port is STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port (or something similar) it means that the right driver has been installed automatically for your device. Nothing else has to be done. If this new COM port appears on the list as a generic port, or something similar, please continue to step 8.

8.      Right click on the COM port and select Update Driver.

9.      Click Browse my computer for drivers.

10.   Click Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.

11.   Un-tick the Show compatible hardware check box.

12.   On the left, scroll down to find STMicroelectronics. (or something similar) and click on it.

13.   On the right, a list of drivers will appear, please select the latest driver and click Next.

14.   A status message might appear asking Do you want to continue installing the driver?, click Yes.

15.   When the Windows has successfully updated your drivers message appears, click Close. Your device driver has been installed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Cart