Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi, today i installed an A034 on my boat. NMEA2000 connection with AIS, and USB to PC.
      Intention is to have AIS via wifi on my ipad.

Issues:
      1) with the config tool I can see the AIS data stream, on COM 4.

2) my Timezero nav software can’t read from the COM 4 port (error message: “parameter incorrect”)

3) when trying to update the firmware, I cannot copy the downloaded firmware to the STM32 drive; (“parameter incorrect”)

4) my Ipad runs TZ iBoat; the NMEA gateway is configured to TP/ip; correct IP address and port number, but shows message: “unable to open port TCP/IP 2000. reason: No route to host”

How to solve this?

Temporily the AIS is re-connected to thePC directly via USB so I have AIS data in TimeZero, but Ipad still has no AIS data.

thnx, Marc

Hi,

Before launching your navigation software, please close all your other software that might be connected to your A034 (COM4), including the configuration tool. Two different applications won’t be able to connect to the same port.

If you purchased your device recently it should already have the latest firmware installed on it. We suggest updating the firmware when you already had the device for some time or there is a new firmware available with added features. If you would like to update the firmware anyway, please download the right firmware from our website, unzip the ZIP file and copy the last BIN file from the unzipped folder to the STM32 directory (ZIP files cannot be copied to the STM32 folder).

To connect the application to your A034, firstly you will have to connect your iPad to the A034’s WiFi network, as described in the product manual. The second step would be to launch the application and go to Settings -> Initial Setup and enable the NMEA connection. Also, please go to the ‘NMEA Gateway Config’ option, select TCP/IP, enter the ip address of your A034 (default address is 192.168.1.100) and the port number (default port number is 2000) . If it has been set up correctly, you should be able to see data in your application (we have just checked it using our test devices). As we are aware, the ‘AIS module’ has to be purchased separately from within the application to be able to see AIS targets on the map.

Also, we would suggest you to contact the app developer, they might be able to better help you with the configuration.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous

Hi, I succeeded in connecting the Ipad to the A034. That issue was solved by deleting and re-installing the app.

Based on this, I expect that the other issues are Windows related.

I will try to update the firmware later.
        PS: would be good to include the unzip remark in the instructions for updating the firmware.

thnx, Marc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Cart