Quark-elec NMEA Marine electronics Forums Marine Electronics(AIS/NMEA Multiplexer) A027 won’t connect to Navionics or receive AIS signal—–solved

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi, I have an A027. It will not connect to Navionics boating app (problem is the same with apple and android). I have tried to manually add it but no joy either. Also I’m using a Shakespeare YWX V-Tronix VHF Whip Antenna w/ Stainless Steel Whip just for AIS reception (no splitter) and not receiving a signal. Is this aerial ok for the job? The red led flashes as expected. The 2 green leds flash when powered on but then stay off. My configuration settings are: IP and Gateway 192:168:1:100, Net mask 255:255:255:0 and port 2000. I can connect to the AIS in Wi-fi no issue but just cannot get it to connect with the Navionics boating app. Any help would be greatly appreciated

The 2 green LEDs flash when powered on but then stay off.

this indicates no valid AIS and GPS messages received. We have other customers reported that Navionics could show ‘not connected’ if no valid messages received. Can you please make sure A027 can receive AIS/GPS messages. Keep us updated please.

Anonymous

Can any users actually confirm this is the case? I didn’t plan to use the gps. I have the AIS connected to a vhf aerial but am not getting any signals. I’m in the Blackwater Essex. So not sure if there’s no boats in range (doubt it) or something else is wrong.

Anonymous

Hi, I thought I’d wait until there was more aid traffic to test again. I still am not receiving any ais signals. The green led does not flash. I have connected to its own vhf aerial and also directly to the radios aerial.It still does not connect to the Navionics app but will connect to iAis app but shows no ais signal. I am thinking it must be faulty? Any help would be much appreciated

Anonymous

If no data received, Navionics will shown as not connected but the connection will setup again once AIS messages received. :D :D :D

Anonymous

Ok, so it won’t connect to Navionics until it get AIS signal but how do I get a signal? I have tried 2 aerials. One I bought for the purpose of using with this unit and it’s on top of the mast and another that I use for the radio that is 15ft high. I can see boats on boat watch app that are less than 2 miles away but I’m not getting an ais signal.

Hi, can you please download the following application software to monitor your TCP connection please. In the zip file, you will have App(for Android system) and application(for Windows system).
              You will be able to monitor the real time connections.
              https://www.quark-elec.com/doc/netassist_APP_and_Application.zip

Anonymous

Hi, problem sorted. It was purely down to the lack of traffic using ais in my area. Thanks

One more point, as one of other customer mentioned changing port number with a random number could fix the issue.

Anonymous

Changing the port number with static ip address worked to me.

We recently have couple of customer reported that the connection issue with Navionics were fixed by changing the port number from the default 2000 to others. It could be a random number. We believe for some reason, 2000 were been used by other functions on iPad/iphone. We will keep eye on this issue.

The following link video could be a help to these who have difficulties on setup Navionics and our AIS receivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXHURoWMMBI” class=”bbcode_url”>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXHURoWMMBI. Big thanks to Mike to contributor this video.

Anonymous

[quote quote=14931]Hi, problem sorted. It was purely down to the lack of traffic using ais in my area. Thanks[/quote][quote quote=14922]Hi, can you please download the following application software to monitor your TCP connection please. In the zip file, you will have App(for Android system) and application(for Windows system). You will be able to monitor the real time connections. <s>https://www.quark-elec.com/doc/netassist_APP_and_Application.zip” class=”bbcode_url”></s>https://www.quark-elec.com/doc/netassist_APP_and_Application.zip[/quote]

Hi,

I am having a problem with AO26 plus reporting receiving no AIS data, when I try to install your monitor app it won’t run, as it is designed for an older version of Android. Do you have an updated version for Android v10 running on a Samsung Note 9 mobile phone.

You can monitor the NMEA 0183 data with OpenCPN.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Cart