We are excited to announce the launce of our latest VHF antenna splitter A015-TX.
The A015-TX, Active AIS-VHF antenna splitter:
- Allows one VHF antenna to be shared between VHF and AIS devices:
- VHF radio (reception and transmission)
- AIS transponder(Reception and transmission)
- AM/FM radio (reception)
The A015-TX is an active VHF antenna splitter. This means that unlike many splitters that cause reception and transmission signal loss, active splitters actually provide a signal gain. The A015-TX’s built-in pre-amplifier amplifies the AIS, VHF, AM/FM signals, thereby increasing the VHF radio and AIS transponder reception and sensitivity.
The A015-TX key features include:
- Built-in preamplifier providing AIS signal Gain (typically 12dB) maximizes AIS reception and range
- VHF fail-safe functionality to continue transmitting VHF radio even if the power to the splitter fails
- Straight forward connection (no configuration required)
- Low power consumption.
The A015-TX has five connections:
- Power cable: connect to 12V-24V DC power
- VHF Antenna: SO239 connector for VHF antenna
- VHF radio: SO239 connector for VHF radio
- AIS: SO239 connector for AIS transponder
- FM/AM: BNC connector for the output of the FM/AM radio signal
Find out more on the A015-TX product page.
Please note: The A015-TX is compatible with AIS transponders/transceivers. While it can also be used with AIS receivers, if you require an AIS ‘receive only’ splitter the A015-RX is sufficient.