QK-A022 Installation

Quark-elec AIS receiver and NMEA MUX products questions

QK-A022 Installation

Postby Grayling » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:05 am

Have just plugged in a new A022 into a Windows 10 64 Bit tablet and the Device Manager shows the device under "Other Devices" and STM32F4-Discovery in FS Mode. Properties displays Code 28 "Drivers for this device are not installed".

It also appears under Ports (COM5) and properties "This device can not start (Code 10).

Any suggestions please.
Grayling

Re: QK-A022 Installation

Postby admin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:08 am

Hi Grayling,
there are several previous post on this issue, for example have you had a chance to look at this one? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9901
hope that helps,
admin
Site Admin

Postby Grayling » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi

I had seen that thread.

It refers to a download from Quark website. But that is for non Windows 10.

I have the same error reported on both my new tablet and my desktop both running Windows 10.

Ideas please
Grayling

Postby admin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:10 am

admin
Site Admin

Postby DavidS » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. I've carefully read (and tried out) all the links / replies associated with this post with no success.
I successfully installed the drivers on my old 32 bit XP laptop, no problem. I can't get it to install on a (new build) Windows 10 laptop. It's Windows 10 Home, version 1703. The laptop has an Intel Celeron P4600 processor (64 bit).

I was hoping for plug-and-play, but it wasn't having that (gave the yellow exclamation mark and the 'code 10' on the driver). So I downloaded the drivers, unzipped the files and did an install. Looked liked it installed ok, but on looking with device manager it had disappeared out of the COM&LP ports and was now 'other' showing as STM24 in Discovery Mode (twice). I restarted the PC - just in case - and it was the same.

Taking the suggestion from one of the other links I manually ran the .exe in the 'software' folder. This kicked off the installation wizard, which started copying files then just stopped with an 'installation failed' and a big red X.

I repeated the above a couple of times (downloaded again, just to be sure) and after about 3 hrs (in a remote observation station!) I gave up and went home. I can't think what to do next. What would you suggest please?

(I had imagined getting it going on the laptop under Windows 10 was going to be the easy bit!!).

Thanks

David
DavidS

Return to Marine Electronics(AIS/NMEA MUX)