031 multiplexer questions

Quark-elec AIS receiver and NMEA MUX products questions

031 multiplexer questions

Postby paul l » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi,

I've several questions that don't appear to be answered in the application notes: -
i'm running it with win 10 tablet

1) what do leds 6 and 7 do (7 flashes blue every few seconds)?
2) can you give a link or location for the tcp/ip net assistant?
3) do the other leds light at all, and how and for what?
4)what is the later version of the configuration program for - i can't get it to connect
5) why has the earlier version of the config prog stopped working (usb device not recognised!!)
6) how to get the configuration changes to take affect?

regards, Paul
paul l

Re: 031 multiplexer questions

Postby admin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:30 pm

I've several questions that don't appear to be answered in the application notes: -
i'm running it with win 10 tablet

1) what do leds 6 and 7 do (7 flashes blue every few seconds)?
LEDs 6 and 7 are reserved for a future feature, and do not serve any prupose in this model.
2) can you give a link or location for the tcp/ip net assistant?
http://www.quark-elec.com/doc/tcpip_port_monitor.zip
3) do the other leds light at all, and how and for what?
The other LEDs should light/flicker when receiving a signal, Except for Powere which should glow steady red

4)what is the later version of the configuration program for - i can't get it to connect
At this point we have released two versions of A031, the main difference is the MCU. The later version is rated a low power usage device and should mean lower power consumption. We believe this is important for boat applications which are normally powered by battery. The later configuration program is for the later MCU verison.

5) why has the earlier version of the config prog stopped working (usb device not recognised!!)
Don't know which version A031 you have, but you should be able to get it connected with one of the config prog, 'generic configuration GUI' or ''A031 Multiplexers configuration GUI'

6) how to get the configuration changes to take affect?
After setting don’t forget to click 'config', otherwise the changes will not be saved.
Hope that helps!
admin
Site Admin

Return to Marine Electronics(AIS/NMEA MUX)