Quark A-023 works wirelessly with the iPad?

Quark-elec AIS receiver and NMEA MUX products questions

Quark A-023 works wirelessly with the iPad?

Postby Tank-Peng » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:22 pm

Has anybody tested Quark A-023 on iPad yet?
Tank-Peng

Re: Quark A-023 works wirelessly with the iPad?

Postby admin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:33 pm

Five different iPad apps including 'iSailer' have been well tested here in the UK. Happy to hear others thoughts.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:55 am

We've just added iRegatta to the list of apps that work with our receivers and iPad.
admin
Site Admin

Postby AlanR » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:42 pm

I cannot get my A-023 to connect to iNavX via wifi, though it is talking to OpenCPN running under Windows 10 on another computer.

INavX was working well with a Radar-gadgets AIS dongle, plugged into a Win 7 netbook, but whan I upgraded to Win 10, the Radar-gadgets driver no longer worked, and the person who was selling, and supporting the dongle, died recently, so no support there.

I cannot see anywhere in the Wifi settings, or in iNavX, where I can set the port number, and the instructions in the Application Note are very brief, and not really relevant to iPad. Can you please help.

Best regards

Alan
AlanR

Postby admin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:24 am

Hi Alan,

please send photos/screenshots of what it is you are trying to do so that we can assess what is actually happening to kit@quark-elec.com
Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Postby AlanR » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:16 pm

I couldn't figure our how to include a screen-shot (photo) in my reply, so I sent it by email. Hope you can find it.

Best regards

Alan
AlanR

Postby AlanR » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Eureka! Setting up iNavX for TCP is a bit obscure, and the Application Note is a little misleading for iPad.

Connecting to Wifi is exactly as the App. Note, but it then directs you to (iOS) settings, and there is no option to set up TCP in the iPad's iOS. You neeed to start iNavX, and tap on 'More', bottom right. The you will see an option, top right, to access iNavX's 'Settings'. Tap that and you will see the option, in the list that appears, for TCP/IP Client. Go there, and then follow the App. Note to enter the settings, and finally set 'Link' on. If there are AIS signals coming in, they will show at the bottom of the page. Click 'Charts', bottom left, for normal use.

Using the A-023, ship names do not appear at first, but given time, say three or four minutes, they start to appear.

I hope that the next ipad user finds this useful.

Alan
AlanR

Return to Marine Electronics(AIS/NMEA MUX)