Can QK-W016 be viewed/controlled remotely?

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products

Can QK-W016 be viewed/controlled remotely?

Postby onehunglow » Mon May 01, 2017 3:01 pm

The QK-w016 works locally with my Windows software and a local IP (192.168.1.118).

Can I access it directly from a Windows workstation or Android without connecting to the local PC?

For instance, the IP address it is on is lets say, 207.264.278.12 and port 5

Can I access it from another city using these coordinates?
onehunglow

Re: Can QK-W016 be viewed/controlled remotely?

Postby onehunglow » Mon May 01, 2017 7:40 pm

The Android app lets you enter a SSID Name and password.
But no IP address of the Station.

The Station WILL have a fixed IP address where the router operates.
How do I tell the Android app WHERE the station exists, so that it could connect?
onehunglow

Postby admin » Tue May 02, 2017 10:03 am

Thanks for your information.
1, As mentioned on the application note. Windows application doesn't support remote control and view. If you need to check remotely, the Android or iOS APP is needed. This is due to the security reason.
2, For Android and iOS APP setting, W016 will automatically assign the IP address so operator don't need do so. In fact, W016 can assign the IP address if operator leave the IP address input filed empty on Windows application.
Hope above makes sense. Any further questions please let us know.
admin
Site Admin

Postby onehunglow » Wed May 03, 2017 4:00 am

Thank you for responding however QK-W016 has a LOCAL IP address (192.168.1.18). This works as long as you are on the same network.
The SSID and password is good for that network only. If my SSID is terrynet and password is 1234 this works for THAT network only.

If I am in another city, how does the Android app know WHERE the network is? ...its no good to use 192.168.1.18 because
that is a local network.

A global IP address is something like 207.172.123.31 This is a worldwide unique IP. And that is where the QK-W016 is.
How do I tell the Android app to first connect to 207.172.123.31 and THEN to the Quark QK-W016 at that network?
If I type in an SSID of terrynet and password, it will try and log on where I am at the moment (NOT at the remote location)

What am I not understanding here?
onehunglow

Postby admin » Wed May 03, 2017 10:10 am

Hi,

That is a very interesting point you have made but in fact the unit is identified by the MAC address for remote access not the IP address and since the MAC address is unique there is not a problem. Anyway, we feel that further discussion may lead us into areas that are not appropriate on an open forum due to security concerns so if you have further questions please email.
Regards
Kit
admin
Site Admin

Postby onehunglow » Wed May 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Ok I understand, but even a unique Mac Address, can be anywhere in the world.
How would a remote Android device know where to "find" the network that hosts that Mac Address device?
onehunglow

Postby onehunglow » Tue May 09, 2017 4:38 am

You suggested emailing to discuss this further but have not answered any of my emails.
I also noticed 41 "viewers" of this thread so people are interested in the same thing I am
but are also seeking answers.

i would like to know how I can access the QK-W016 from my android remotely
(without providing the DNS of where it is), and

How can I just "read the temperature" of the probes...
not switch anything on or off, just "read" the temperature.

Any ideas?
onehunglow

Postby admin » Mon May 22, 2017 5:41 pm

We have replied your email.Quark have our own cloud servers to searching the devices. As we have said, we don't want to discussion this due to security concerns. This is far beyond how to use it.
If you don't want to read the temperature but not switching the relays, you can simply set the switching ON/OFF temperature higher or lower than it could reach.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Remote Control Solution/Products