QK-WO15 negative experience

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products

QK-WO15 negative experience

Postby Luca_ » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi
At the time of purchase I had high expectations for this product. Now I'm disappointed. I spent - in most occasions - a lot of time trying to connect the device to the router, always without success. I stick strictly to the instructions, after each failed attempt always execute the reset (as per instructions) but the device never connects to the router. Verified SSID, password, ip field blank. No way. Are you planning to upgrade the application for Android mod to make it more reliable? Similar considerations for Windows program. With Windows 10 there is no way to conclude the installation. You can update the firmware of the device to make it compatible with all the wi fi standards, N inclusive? Thank you.
Luca (Italy)
Luca_

Re: QK-WO15 negative experience

Postby Luca_ » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:58 pm

After unsuccessfully tried using a PC with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, seven have recovered an old PC with XP. In this case the installation of the program "QK-W015 WiFi control application (Windows version)" has been successfully completed. However even in this case I have been able to go to the "station mode". Through the program (version 1.2) I enter the SSID, password, ip (even with the field empty): no way. The Search for device restarts but the blue LED always flashes, does not connect to the router (Technicolor TG789vac v2). On the router, the 2.4GHz frequency, the mode has 802.11 b / g, WPA & WPA2 security. Accessing from the PC directly to the W015 at 192.168.1.100 and working on the J8 connector configuration I saw that you can pre load the data for the configuration "station mode" (in the interface called STA), but even in this so I managed in the device switch. It would be possible to obtain instructions regarding the correct use of the J8 connector with respect to the device from the web programming? Thank you
Luca_

Re: QK-WO15 negative experience

Postby admin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:20 pm

Sorry you have the problem with QK-W015. To help us to investigate the issue you have can you please:
1, With Windows 10 there is no way to conclude the installation.-------Can you please provide a screen spot of the errors on it.
2,through the program (version 1.2) I enter the SSID, password, ip (even with the field empty): no way. The Search for device restarts but the blue LED always flashes, does not connect to the router (Technicolor TG789vac v2). -----Can you check the router side, if there is any setting which has block some ports? If so, please try to unblock that to see any changes. Secondly, if you can change the password and SSID(don't use any special character, by default our system only recognize English characters and numbers.). We know one of customer from Russia have this similar problem and the issue been solved by changing the password(the old password has Russian letter).

The other way you can try is to trying connect to an different WiFi router to see any luck? From the description you provided, we trust the issue is coming from the improper setting in WiFi router side.

3,It would be possible to obtain instructions regarding the correct use of the J8 connector -------Sorry, J8 is just from our internal testing.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Remote Control Solution/Products