Connecting through 4G

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products

Connecting through 4G

Postby Deepanp » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:40 pm

Hi there

I've managed to get my QK-W016 connected to my wifi router okay and it is working no problem but when I switch my phone off the wifi to go onto 4G it doesn't communicate with the device.

Can you please help? I read somewhere that it needed port 5000 to be enabled which I have also done and set my router to port forward as well.

Best Tegards

Deepan
Deepanp

Re: Connecting through 4G

Postby admin2 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:53 am

Hi,
Once you switch WiFi off. Shut off the App and reopen it again. It will connect with QK-W016 through 4G.
For the first time, it maybe take about couple of minutes to setup the connection, so be patient please.
No need to set port number now as it has been integrated with the latest APP.
Let us know if you still have problem.
admin2

Postby Deepanp » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:29 am

I have a server setup on my network as well.

Would this interfere with the process?

Thanks

Deepan
Deepanp

Postby Deepanp » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:41 am

Hi

I've done what you instructed but it still doesn't seem to comminiucate?

Best Regards

Deepan
Deepanp

Postby admin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:26 am

Hi Deepan,

This has not previously been a problem we have encountered so if you could send us a step by step description of exactly what you are doing that would be helpful. A summary of your settings and screenshots would help our engineers identify what is happening here. Thank you
admin
Site Admin

Postby Deepanp » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:37 am

Hi

I have tried it again today and this is exactly what I do.

I reset the device press and hold for several seconds. Device resets. Connect wireless device to my iphone. Setup the wifi router connection. Turn off the device and turn on. Device blinks blue couple of times then turns solid blue. Stable. Device connected to my router.

I can then provided i'm connected to my wifi be able to communicate to the device no problem also read temp readings. I wait about 5 minutes. Once I disconnect I exit the app on the phone and open the app again. Once 5 minutes pass I turn the app on and try to control relay and seconds later message appears failed in send.

I hope I can get this resolved as I've wired my heating to it now. :)

Best Regards,

Deepan
Deepanp

Postby admin » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:44 pm

I reset the device press and hold for several seconds. Device resets. Connect wireless device to my iphone.----OK, QK-W016 is in Ad-hoc mode.
Setup the wifi router connection. ----Have you click 'switch to station mode' ?. This is important step otherwise your QK-W016 will still stay in Ad-hoc mode.
Turn off the device and turn on. Device blinks blue couple of times then turns solid blue. Stable. Device connected to my router.------Solid blue means there is a connection with QK-W016, but could be Ad-hoc mode connection(W016 connect with your iphone directly). A easy way to check is switching off your home router to see if connection is still there.
I can then provided i'm connected to my wifi be able to communicate to the device no problem also read temp readings. I wait about 5 minutes. Once I disconnect I exit the app on the phone and open the app again. Once 5 minutes pass I turn the app on and try to control relay and seconds later message appears failed in send.-----Can we suggest you to try another mobile phone to repeat your process to see any difference? Generally we suspect the module is still working in Ad-hoc mode, not station mode. Keep us updated
admin
Site Admin

Return to Remote Control Solution/Products