W016 setup puzzles

Questions about Quark-elec WiFi remote control products can be post here.

W016 setup puzzles

Postby nimbus » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:08 pm

Hi folks,
I am struggling at first base.

W016, windows application on windows XP 5.1 SP3

referring to your application notes v1.1

the plan is to use a wifi hotspot to run the W016.

Q I - need station mode rather than adhoc mode?

Q2 - the windows application screen does not contain a PORT NUMBER entry box, but instead a CONNECT WIFI BUTTON, so i have no option to enter '5000' or any other number

Q3 - I can successfully connect directly to WIFI168 - OK

Q4. page 7 of 22 - The green panel on the windows app for the WIFI SETTING TAB does NOT have any [CHECK] or [SWITCH TO STATION MODE] buttons, but only just visible above lower panel the tops of ?these buttons. there is no scroll down option for the green panel?

Q.5 step #5 on page 7/22 - advises enter 192.168.X.100
.....what is the value of X? or do i simply type 'X'?

Q.6 - you advise going to 'wireless network connection status' to check for IP address. Where do i find the 'wireless connection status'?

thanks for any pointers in these preliminary questions before i can move forward.

cheers,
nimbus

Re: W016 setup puzzles

Postby admin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Thanks for your information.
Q I - need station mode rather than adhoc mode?-----yes, you need station mode to get it works.
Q2 - the windows application screen does not contain a PORT NUMBER entry box, but instead a CONNECT WIFI BUTTON, so i have no option to enter '5000' or any other number----for the latest application, you don't need to input this port number as it has been integrated with the application. For the rest questions, please refer to the latest application note, you should not have that problems, sorry about this.

http://www.quark-elec.com/doc/QK-W016_a ... n_note.pdf
admin
Site Admin

Return to WiFi remote controller products