QK-W016 router conection

Questions about Quark-elec WiFi remote control products can be post here.

QK-W016 router conection

Postby henrysquark » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:19 pm

I have had the 016 conected to a privious router, but now having changed to a BT Home hub5 every time I send the SSID or pasword the 016 responds'config failed'. The unit is working perfectly when my android phone is conected directly to it by WiFi. I have restet the 016 and started afresh several ties. This problem follows on from a previously unresolved problem of the relays opperating randomly and not in line with the tempreature settings. Any suggestions?

Thanks Henry
henrysquark

Re: QK-W016 router conection

Postby admin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:57 pm

Can you please check the followings:
1. Do you power off QK-W016 first when resetting? Press and hold the ‘Reset’ button, then power up QK-W016.
2. Have you seen the blue LED will flash quickly (around 3 times)?
3. What is the status of the two LEDs when you setup the W016(blinking, or state on/off)?
4. Do you connect with WIFI168 successfully after reset?

Let us know what you got. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Postby henrysquark » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:23 pm

Hello. Thanks for responding.

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Both on
4) Yes my phone works the QK-W016 properly.

I still get 'config failed' when I try to save the SSID or pass word

Thanks
henrysquark

Postby admin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:21 pm

"I still get 'config failed' when I try to save the SSID or pass word"----It looks like the module is not under configuration status. Please check the application note:
http://www.quark-elec.com/doc/QK-W016_a ... n_note.pdf on page 6(Chapter1.4) to make sure you did not re-power until step 9. Otherwise you maybe see 'confi failed' message.
One simple way to check if W016 is under configuration status: Once you finished step 4, press ON or OFF then you should see the blue LED light flashing quickly for one second but the relay will not take any action(if the relay works then you cannot set SSID and password, instead you will have 'config failed' message back.
Let us know your result.
We know couple of customers report 'the relays operating randomly and not in line with the temperature settings', but ALL has been sorted out by proper temperature settings(for example, one of customer set the ON temperature higher than OFF temperature for a heater, or ON and OFF temperature is too close).
admin
Site Admin

Postby henrysquark » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:12 pm

I have now been through steps up to 9 and now have a steady red light and two blue flashes about once per second. My phone now does not see WiFy 168 and neither does my router.

The phone app does not have a place to send the IP address how shoudl I do this?
henrysquark

Postby admin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Nice to hear you have made progress.
''two blue flashes about once per second. ''----this indicates that your W016 switched to station mode but have not yet connected with your wireless router successfully. This could happen if SSID, password or IP address doesn't set successfully. Please check:
1, don't leave any blank spaces after ever setting. Always 'Check' before "switch to station mode".
2, the first three part of the IP address should be the same as your wireless router. For example if the router gateway is 192.168.1.1, then you can only put as 192.168.1.x, where x could be 2 to 254(better put a big number as 100 or bigger).
Keep us updated please.
admin
Site Admin

Postby henrysquark » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:05 am

Where do I put this 'Big' number? The app dpes not have anywhere to enter a nything other than SSID and password?
henrysquark

Postby admin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:14 am

Sorry for the confusion.Yes. No IP address need be put in Android and iOS APP as it will be assigned by router. Android and iOS based terminals cannot use a fixed IP address as the IP address could changes every time(especially when they connected to QK-W016 remotely).
Please be aware that only Android and iOS based terminals can access QK-W016 remotely(through Internet) while PC and QK-W016 should be with the same AP(wireless router). Hope this make sense.
admin
Site Admin

Return to WiFi remote controller products