Windows software options grayed out

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products

Windows software options grayed out

Postby deakbrenan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:01 pm

On Windows 7 Pro 64 bit I have installed the QK-W016 software and spent a second day trying to get a working set of .ocx files and entering and reentering every conceivable parameter to get past the error messages as detailed in other posts but every time I choose Connect WiFi (the only button not grayed out) it clears the SSID name and password and on the version with the graph it installs the IP address 192.168.1.118 regardless of what I enter, first on my laptop and now on my desktop.

Please tell me this is worth perusing for a third day as I feel I could have developed my own hardware solution by now.
deakbrenan

Re: Windows software options grayed out

Postby admin » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:34 am

Thanks for your enquirers.
''.ocx issue''------ use 'admin' to install the software and run as 'admin' at the first time you should not see the error message. The problem maybe came from the anti-virus firmware on your computer or non-default install folder.
"on the version with the graph it installs the IP address 192.168.1.118 regardless of what I enter,"---This ip address is only for internal debug.To help us investigate the issue, can you explain a bit more about your steps? It looks like your QK-W016 didn't go to reset before connecting.
Also if you can do the following steps and let us know what you get:
1, Reset the module and see if 'WiFi168' shows on SSID list? Make sure the module reset successfully(check application note chapter 1.5 please).
2, Connect 'WiFi168' with 192.168.1.100. What is the blue LED status?

Another thing you maybe want to try is to downloading Android APP and try to connect QK-W016 from your smart phone.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows software options grayed out

Postby Conway » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks for sharing. Problem resolved by running with admin account.
Conway

Return to Remote Control Solution/Products