QK-WO15 experience

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products

QK-WO15 experience

Postby Aurelio » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:47 am

Hi all,
I brought this device on Ebay a week ago and I tried to succeed with the configuration. All went ok after a couple of times in reading the manual notes and power on/off the device :) . I configured the QK-WO15, only with the android app and with some difficult with the tx mode of my router settings. Well, at the end, the correct wifi mode is "g", because with "n" mode isn't possible to connect in infrastructure mode. The other question is to open the port 5000 on "port triggering", otherwise you cannot connect trough internet. What I mentionned above, just to be aware. The manual has to be improved with more detailed informations as well as the android app that need a new release to set the port and if is possible, even the ddns use. That's all. Thanks
Aurelio

Re: QK-WO15 experience

Postby admin » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:08 pm

Thanks very much for your sharing information. This is very helpful for other users. W015 and W016 have the same WIFI design so this is very helful for W016 operation.
'' the correct wifi mode is "g", because with "n" mode isn't possible to connect in infrastructure mode.''-------I don't think this is the root reason, as we have tested all b/g/n mode in our lab. Did you use a 3G router(or a mobile phone setting as hop spot). I got a feeling that the authorization process doesn't passed through on g mode. so can you check if you have use a special charactors(lie '@' ) as ISSI or password?
'' The other question is to open the port 5000 on "port triggering", otherwise you cannot connect trough internet.''-----You are right, the data were transferred on port 5000,but we believe most APs open this port by default.It should not need manually open ''port triggering''. So again the question is did you use mobile phone or a special router?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Aurelio » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:05 am

I use a normal dsl router to connect the device and the password doesn't have special characters itself. Sometimes, the rf sockets connected to the QK-W015, althoug placed at about 10 meters from the transmitter, they don't switch on/off. Is it possible to encrease the transmitter/receiver range? Thanks in advance?
Aurelio

Postby admin » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:36 am

Thanks Aurelie, does the router you have is an operator customized one(for example in UK, Virgin or BT have their own brand router and send to the user with their service package)? If so, we guess the operator maybe fixed some of the settings otherwise we cannot see any reason why 'n' is disabled. Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience,I am sure someone else maybe feel this is helpful for them.
Regarding the RF socket, few of practical recommendations:
1, Keep two adjecent RF sockets at least 20cm(keep long if possible).
2, Avoid any 433Mhz deivce(wireless door bell, wireless PIR, ect) nearby.
3,At least 5cm higher than the floor.
4, Avoid less objectives between W-015 and the RF sockets.
10 to 20 meters communication distance is quite normal indoor environment. Good Luck.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Remote Control Solution/Products