QK-W016 issues

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products

QK-W016 issues

Postby Billy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi team.

I just got one of these via eBay but could do with a fair but of help please :!: .

Firstly the android app only manually engages the relays in a momentary fashion when I tap the "On" button.

Also with the android app I can not get the device in station mode, is that normal?. Do I need the windows app for this task as is shown in the manual/instructions?. Tried two separate APs with no MAC filtering and the SSID and password copied exactly, but I just get an error message.

Third issue is a follow on from the second, I can not get the Windows app working after installing it, I just get the attached error message when attempting to open the app. Tried this on 2 different Windows 10 laptops and also one of those laptops with a Windows 7 hard drive. Tried the application from the included CD and tried the download from the website.

Thanks

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh17 ... rzlesn.png
Billy

Re: QK-W016 issues

Postby Billy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:04 pm

Third issue solved, I just ran the installed app as administrator.

Any better way to open the app or do I have to right click every time?.

Thanks
Billy

Postby Billy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:57 pm

------------------------------------------------
OK second problem solved to.
But first problem still persists, no permanent state change in the relays, just a momentary click in-out.
Does the same with both the Android and Windows apps.
Billy

Postby admin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:35 am

Go to 'Temperature'->'Temperature Ranger setting' to set a proper temperature. If you are not sure what is that mean. Set 'Relay on' as '0' and 'Relay off' as '99', then your problem should be solved. Generally you just did not set the proper 'Switch ON/OFF' temperature.
Hope this helps.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Billy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:04 pm

Ahh many thanks!.

I can do that change with the android app but with the windows app I get this then when I press OK the app closes?. It's not really a problem but I was just wondering if it's another silly little thing that I'm doing/not doing.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh17 ... h88qfx.png
Billy

Postby admin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:07 pm

Go to 'File'->'Data log' and then create a log file, then see if this been solved. This could happened if you opened an anti-virus tool and the log file template been deleted by accidentally.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Billy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:09 pm

Many thanks, but could I be a pain and ask what to do when you say "create a log file"?.

I assume this is the same problem that's causing no temp data to be plotted on the graph, the only way I get points on the windows app graph is if I tap the sensor icons in the android app.

Otherwise the device is a great help, I have it installed in a grain dryer and I've hacked the normal control box so that I can control the burner on/off and monitor the grain temperature and tractor engine temperature. I will also set it up so that if the engine overheats the power to the burner solenoids will be cut off.

It's really useful and I'm looking forward to even more advanced models likely to come out in the future.
Billy

Postby admin » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:25 pm

'what to do when you say "create a log file"?. '----Go to 'File'->'Data log' and then save the txt file, thats it.
If you still have problem with 'no temp data to be plotted on the graph', try to run the application with Admin account. Let us know if you get it sorted by doing this. Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Return to Remote Control Solution/Products