Error messsage on QK-W016 application installation process

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products

Error messsage on QK-W016 application installation process

Postby Tank-Peng » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:19 pm

When I load the software for QK-W016 I get the error message Component comdlg32.ocx or one of its components is not correctly registered. I am on Win 10 64 bit. amy suggestions?
Tank-Peng

Re: Error messsage on QK-W016 application installation proce

Postby admin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:36 pm

We noticed some customers have similar problem when installing the windows application. The error message may say 'part of the file is missing'. Anyway, this issue could happened in the Windows system in not updated or the application did not been installed with 'administrator' use.
Anyway, the following steps should be able to sort the issue out.

If you google online, you should be able to find this is not a common issue if you are using 'user' account for Windows system. Anyway,
here is the way we believe you can sort the issue out:
1, If the related file is missing, googling and download it please.
2, Copy 'COMDLG32.OCX' to c:\windows\system32, which is your Windows system files folder;
3, Run regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\COMDLG32.OCX in Command tab.
Then you should not see the error again.

By googling Microsoft community website, we see the following answer(although this is not particularly reply your question) is very helpful and clear to resolve the similar issues.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This error is usually displayed to a user when the application throwing this error is unable to find the tabctl32.ocx file or finds that this file is not registered or is denied access to this file by the applied permissions. Most of the time, it is caused by an unregistered tabctl32.ocx file.

I am providing a couple of steps below that should help you re-register this file in the computer, please follow them and let us know the results:

Step 1: Open a command prompt with Administrator privileges:
Click Start, type in cmd in the Start Menu search box, right click on the cmd option displayed in the search results, and click on Run as Administrator.
Click on Allow or Continue at the User Account Control prompt that should be displayed next.

Now you should have a command prompt with Administrator privileges open.

Step 2: Execute a re-registering process of the tabctl32.ocx file by running the following commands one after the other. I am providing one command in one line, type them in one by one and hit Enter after each command:
cd\
cd %systemroot%\syswow64 /*where is your system file folder*/
regsvr32 /u tabctl32.ocx
regsvr32 tabctl32.ocx
exit

Once you have finished executing these commands, the command prompt should have closed. Please restart the computer at this point and check if you still get the error once the computer has restarted.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Remote Control Solution/Products