QK-w016 What happens when sensor is disconnected?

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products

QK-w016 What happens when sensor is disconnected?

Postby JimAC8DG » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Some times one of the temperature sensors says 'disconnected'. This in the windows app. No entry appears in the data log for that 300 second reading. My question is how is the control logic for the relays supposed to handle this? Does it see is as ^fail high, fail low, or fail as-is^?
JimAC8DG

Re: QK-w016 What happens when sensor is disconnected?

Postby admin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:00 am

Hi Jim
The sensor should not be registering as disconnected unless you physically unplug it. It might re-connect properly if you unplug it and then plug it back in (I'm sure you've tried this already). However, if it is disconnected it means the relay will not take any action unless you manually switch on/off. It will not be able to respond to temperature changes. If it does this often please send it back for a replacement. The address is on the website.
admin
Site Admin

Postby JimAC8DG » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Thank you for the response. It is good that the relays will not change state if the sensor either manually disconnected (or in my case it just seems to randomly occur in the wifi connection).

Second question on the windows application. My version has a ^last modified date of 2016/8/1 11:12am^ and the data log screen only allows year dates between 2011 and 2017. Since we are approaching 2018 real fast, is there a fix to expand the ^yyyy^ field?
JimAC8DG

Postby admin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:17 am

Hi Jim

The date rolls over automatically, no adjustment needed.
:)
admin
Site Admin

Return to Remote Control Solution/Products